Would You Teach at the Central Police University?

I have a friend looking for a teacher. It would be 4 hours a week and in Taoyuan. One needs a Master Degree to apply. Those are all the details I have, I can put you in contact with the person in charge.

I tried posting this in the Classifieds and couldn’t make it work. So now it’s a topic of discussion :smiley:

(PM/email me if interested)

Since it’s a topic of discussion, we’d better actually discuss it or it’ll get canned. :smiley: My opinion: sounds like pretty good guanxi. :wink:

Somehow I don’t think the venue would allow much opportunity for the free expression of my sometimes radical philosophies…

[quote=“bob”]Somehow I don’t think the venue would allow much opportunity for the free expression of my sometimes radical philosophies…[/quote]Why not?
Its not like you would be programming the innocent minds of children… :sunglasses:

Why do you have to have a masters? This really annoys me, most successful entrepreneurs don’t have them? Who says they make you better? Is this considered as hijacking the thread?

People with masters say they’re better off with them.

jds
MS TESOL 1994 :smiley:
Entrepreneur 2000

[quote=“TainanCowboy”][quote=“bob”]Somehow I don’t think the venue would allow much opportunity for the free expression of my sometimes radical philosophies…[/quote]Why not?
Its not like you would be programming the innocent minds of children… :sunglasses:[/quote]

OK like for example last week I taught “Jay and Silent Bob Srike Back” as an example of how money corrupts the creative process. Somehwow I wonder how Jay and Silent Bob would go down with the local consatbulary…

Answers in the order you asked:
[ol][li]I think because it’s a Government requiremnet for teaching in a University. Why the Government requires one is beyond my range of knowledge.[/li]
[li]I don’t know who says they make you better, but no one has claimed so in this thread yet.[/li]
[li]No. Seems perfectly on topic to me. :slight_smile:[/li][/ol]

MT

Thanks, very clear and concise. :laughing:

So should I get one? I don’t want to teach as I’m not very good with children (as you probably know from other threads). I plan to be a big time entrepreneur one day, what would be better than a masters? :loco:

sugar mama

A Grandmasters of course, duh!