Would you visit Hong Kong now?

My friends just went for vacation. Wasn’t affected by it. But they saw the protest.

I was supposed to be going way up in the mountains of Tibetan Sichuan in October but it’s a bit problematic. If I got stopped and my phone was checked it’d be game over. I got #fuckchina shit all thru my social media.

Might just do SE Asia instead. #fuckchina

1 Like

I’ve been averaging more than once a month this year to HK. It’s fine.

Not the best idea to take kids along though.

My kid just spent 2 weeks in deep Qinghai, didn’t have any problems. :idunno:

Best hotel deals in town since 1997!

2 Likes

If you want to witness and experience the present unprecedented movement since 1997 then by all means fly in but for safety it’s best to stay out for your sake.

This weekend will be dramatic and maybe even traumatic!

The thing is I haven’t been there in like 8 years or something and it’d be cool to revisit, but I guess the better option would be her visiting me here.

what are you worried about? you have seen much worse in london, such as people who don’t speak english robbing the self check outs.

Visit HK, you might not be able to go there in the future.

2 Likes

:roll:

Well I’m just not here for the airport blockage, otherwise I’m not that worried. I don’t have that much political stuff on Facebook.

I been doing daytrips and weekends to HK since the protests started, its not a problem for you to go even if you dont like tear gas, just stay out of the districts where its being deployed.

Check the news a few days prior to flying and you should get a pretty good idea which districts are a no go if you dont like pro democracy demonstrators(or cops)

1 Like

This weekend’s protests plus general strike on Monday and Tuesday totalling four days, I predict, will be spectacular fireworks at its best. Better entertainment than Netflix!

1 Like

Yeah, I am still undecided if I will fly in Saturday morning and stay a couple of days

Maybe try next weekend or later?

Meh. But thanks, nothing but a little comb and some OTC “lotion” might do the trick

You think he gets ashy???

eh? The big demo is this weekend, not the next weekend(although there might be one that time as well)

Avoid the weekends. You’ll have to plan ahead when deciding whether to visit areas like Central and Admiralty. Hotel occupancy rates are low and prices have really dropped.

I was suggesting to visit next weekend or later as this weekend is the big one.