Wow ... are we really like this?

Just had a peak on tea…com.

My god, how do Taiwanese think about us westerners…

[quote]If you are, get out of this country please!

But what do you mean by it is common that in the West, you can date
several persons at a time to get to know their qualities better.
Or you are saying that they date and try to get girls to sleep with them
and sleep around to get to know them better.

I have to say a lot of foreign guys cheat ! This is Taiwan.

Sure you can have many female friends at the same time, but if you do something to all of them that only boyfriends can do, that’s cheating!

So if any of you irresponsible western guys out there intend to cheat on young Taiwanese/Chinese girls to hurt their feelings and disrespect them.

You may as well get out of this country.

You are not welcome here!!

Taiwanese people tend to treat westerners so well that you may have taken everything for granted.
Such as,
You get paid NT$600-1000 an hour by teaching (most just converse in your mother tongue, don’t even prepare for classes.) while Taiwan locals work hard, but only get paid NT$70-150 per hour standard. So please show your respects !![/quote]

Jeez, I really feel bad now.

So it’s not okay to sleep with different girls before you’re married but having a girlfriend after you’re married (as seems rather common in East Asia) is???

Sounds a bit weird to me :?

Iris

Well, I guess what he/she is trying to say you should not fool (screw) around here or not sleep with several girls at the same time. Not like in a threesome, but you know what I mean … :stuck_out_tongue:

He/she got a point there, but than again you need two to do this, so unless the girl is forced to it then who is to blame - he, she or both perhaps?

That said I take my relationships serious and don’t fool around, so can I please stay!? :? :wink:

I guess as I’m a girl, he/she wasn’t exactly addressing me :wink: and I’m probably allowed to stay as well.

Still, what about all those Asian men having girlfriends next to their wives? Is that more acceptable than “fooling around” with more than one girl at a time?

Iris

As if Taiwanese men were any better. They cheat like it was going out of style, especially older, respectable men with money to burn. I know this dude who’s a new zhuren at my school. He’s a retired officer from the Taiwanese army, 20+ years of service. He’s about as macho as they come. The guy’s got at least 7 girlfriends, mistresses, or whatever you want to call them. He takes frequent nookie trips to Thailand and the Mainland with his old army buddies. He’s told me before, with no irony, that a real man marries early, and “gets around” stealthily and steadily until he can’t get it up anymore. I think the chap who wrote the original quote about foreigners ought to meet one of his own countrymen.

Dave

:laughing:

That made me laugh.

That seems to be the code of (some) people from many nations. Everyone’s got they’re “own” style.

Casey

OK, so with this logic:

1. It is OK to be an irresonsibile guy that cheats on young Taiwanese/Chinese girls just because he is horny, not neccessarily because he INTENDS to disrespect/hurt their feelings.

2. OLDER Taiwanese/Chinese women can be cheated on and disrespected.

3. Western lesbians and gay men who cheat on young Taiwanese/Chinese are exempt and do not have to leave the country.

With idiots like these, no wonder Taiwan’s having a hard time gettin’ its groove back.

Dude…

Just make sure they know what they’re getting into. If you tell them straight up that you’re not ready for a steady relationship, then you’re safe to do as you please. If something happens, she knew the deal.

If you tag her before you have this conversation, then make sure you have a different conversation soon after. Tell her she means more to you as a friend. And what you had already done, you regret… You’re home free… You should remain as friends for how ever long that’ll last.

But if you continue to tag her, you must continue to make her understand that you value her more as friend. Then it becomes a friends that fuck situation. Good zone to be in… But make sure she sees you with other girls every now and then so nothing is expected. You’re home free…

But don’t whine if you start seeing her with other western guys… If we hear the “she’s the one for me… sob sob…” Death to Joe bone head…

Objection!!!

You guys are so phony, acting clever with your little arguments and pretending you don’t know what the writer was talking about. She complains about foreign guys who come to Taiwan and screw around with different girls. She says it’s ok to have more than one female friend so long as you’re not having sex with more than one. Is that such a ridiculous request? Sure, it might be fun to bone every girl in the office, but it’s obviously not very considerate to the ladies. Some of them will get emotionally hurt. Go read the pscho-hsiaojie thread with the good points about the naivety, immaturity and lack of experience of many local girls which can result in crazy behavior. Being hurt, as this writer apparently was, is not quite so crazy.

The fact that Taiwanese/Chinese men may screw around is no excuse (two wrongs don’t make a right). That’s a different category of wrong-doing. But I would guess that the writer is not old enough to be married to a philandering Taiwanren and is only learning about lusty young foreigners. So that is the object of her complaint.

And in her anger she points to another bone of contention (pardon the expression) – the fact that we get paid substantially more than locals get, often for goofing off, bullshitting with our students, and screwing them after class. She’s got a point. Life can be good here for foreigners. And she’s right: it’s not nice to abuse that position. As one matures, hopefully one develops a conscience so that the desire to screw all the sexy young girls is balanced against the realization that these girls are human beings with feelings.

I don’t mean to preach. I have urges too. But the urges are tempered by a little compassion for others.

I believe that origional post was posted by the natorious ‘Taiwan girl’. Tealit’s version of our very own ABCguy. She began quite a few controversial topics, and won no friends with that post. She must’ve been on the receiving end of a bad experience with a Western guy.

The salary range for local English teachers was also wrong. She quoted a figure close to the minimum wage.

mm

it takes 2 2 tango

If you are, get out of this country please!

But what do you mean by it is common that in Taiwan, you can date
several persons at a time to get to know their bank account number better.
Or you are saying that they date and try to get foreign guys to sleep with them
and sleep around and assume that you’re geting married to them next month.

I have to say a lot of Taiwanese girls leach ! This is Taiwan after all.

Sure you can have many foreign male friends at the same time, but if you do something to all of them that only banks can do, that’s stealing & emotional blackmail!

So if any of you immature Taiwanese girls out there intend to play young alien/foreign guys to hurt their hip-pockets and use them as status symbols.

Western people tend to treat Taiwanese so well that you may have taken everything for granted.
Such as,
Westerners will pay NT$600-1000 for a meal (mostly because they don’t want to eat ruroufan, or smelly tofu.) while Taiwan locals don’t care, and only pay NT$70-150 per standard meal. So please don’t think this means westerners are stupid and full of easy money !! :wink:

Sorry, it had to be done, besides, I’m bored :smiley:

[quote]If you are, get out of this country please!

But what do you mean by it is common that in the West, you can date
several persons at a time to get to know their qualities better.
Or you are saying that they date and try to get girls to sleep with them
and sleep around to get to know them better.

I have to say a lot of foreign guys cheat ! This is Taiwan.

Sure you can have many female friends at the same time, but if you do something to all of them that only boyfriends can do, that’s cheating!

So if any of you irresponsible western guys out there intend to cheat on young Taiwanese/Chinese girls to hurt their feelings and disrespect them.

Taiwanese people tend to treat westerners so well that you may have taken everything for granted.
Such as,
You get paid NT$600-1000 an hour by teaching (most just converse in your mother tongue, don’t even prepare for classes.) while Taiwan locals work hard, but only get paid NT$70-150 per hour standard. So please show your respects !![/quote]

Actually, from what I’ve heard, most [color=red]MARRIED[/color] Taiwanese men frequent the brothels. The only western men whom I know that do this are single, and most don’t do it at all. And if western guys are so horrible, why are Taiwanese girls always jumping on them and wanting relationships with them? It makes it harder for we foreign girlz… I’m not saying that cheating is right, but perhaps you need to consider the western mentality; dating someone does not mean that they will be the first and last person that you will ever date/marry. If someone breaks up with you and then sleeps with someone else, it’s not cheating. And if he cheats on you, he’s not worth your time or energy. Period.

With stuff like this on teal*t, how can any of us take the original quote seriously?? C’mon, some of these girls are just nasty! :x

So many young women and so few fathers. Do you know where your father is right now?

And they moan about us taking their girls??? We should abstain from the local females, as it might endanger their futures?

rubbish!

LazyMF: ". . . some of these girls are just nasty. :x "
JGeer: “So many young women and so few fathers. Do you know where your father is right now.”
Holger: “And they moan about us taking their girls. . . rubbish.”

C’mon guys, have a heart. First of all, even if some girls like to get it on that does not mean all girls are sluts. I thought only 12 year-old boys had such delusions. Second, even if a girl likes sex, that does not mean that you should treat her as an object to use as you please with no regard for her feelings.

Even strippers and prostitutes are human beings with feelings and emotions who should be treated with respect. Extreme promiscuity can be the result of sexual or emotional abuse or neglect. Do you really want to batter such victims further? But even if that’s not the case, we’re all human beings doing the best we can with what we’ve got. Show a little compassion.