Write a letter to the minister of transportation?

I am really tired of the traffic conditions down here in Jiayi. So many people drive with no regard for other peoples safety. I almost got killed today because of someone elses selfishness.

A friend of a friend of mine is in the hospital. He just came out of a coma that he was in for a few days. His jaw is broken in three places. The driver took off.

I (Actually my gf who is Taiwanese) am thinking about writing a letter to someone in the local government about my displeasure with the lack of traffic law enforcement. Maybe try and get a bunch of signatures to go along with it.

Has anyone done this before?

Any suggestions as to its content?

Do you think it has any chance in hell of being effective?

Lo Bo To wrote: [quote]I am really tired of the traffic conditions down here in Jiayi. [/quote]

Sorry to hear about your near miss.
Yes, even by Taiwan’s sorry standards Chia-i’s traffic is absolutely appalling. It’s the worst place I’ve seen in Taiwan.

I wish I could say yes…

I wish I could say yes…[/quote]

Yeah. I know.

But I think one of the reasons that certain things in Taiwan don’t improve (Driving, customer service etc…) is because people generally keep their mouths shut about it.

[quote=“almas john”]
Yes, even by Taiwan’s sorry standards Jiayi’s traffic is absolutely appalling. It’s the worst place I’ve seen in Taiwan.[/quote]Have you ever been to Pingtung? :astonished: :help:

Good luck with that letter. Be sure and post whatever answer you might get.

<-- not holding his breath

I would write it to the police, mayor etc… as may biggies as you can!

…if everybody thinks that it won’t make a difference, nobody is going to write…I say WRITE them…and voice your opinion…I’ve been writing the Taipei City government for ages reporting flaws that I have been seeing in traffic control around the city…I keep bombarding them with letters…one of these days, it is going to make a difference…