Wrong place at the wrong time - thread II

Absolutely! Can’t thank him enough. Friends like him are a rare find.

Congrats on a win well deserved, and “mad props” - as I believe the hip kids say today - to Mr. He for the assist.

Well, That’s what friends are for, I guess.

Damn it, you just put that Dionne Warwick song in my head. Sucks.

No way, that’s too over the top. he’s as common as Danish pig muck.

HG

Another chapter.

On Wed, Ratlung and I were driving back to my place after chinese, when I got a frantic call from Ms. T saying there was a shootout going on in our neighborhood.

Sounded exciting.

When we got to our street, there was a bunch of people hanging around on the street corners*, and a couple of cop cars parked. No roadblock, not a huge police presence actually.

Apparently, 10 mins earlier the drama unfolded something like this.
A shot was heard by Ms.T, who ran to the balcony to take a look (along with the 60 other people in windows on both sides of the street) ans there was 1 guy running with about 10 after him, about 3 guys with handguns shooting. Ms. T estimated 10-12 shots. The guy got around the corner and eventually the group dragged the guy back to the first street corner where a black van was waiting.
They seemed to get some supplies out (possibly handcuffs or similar) and then the van left as they walked the guy off around the corner. They stopped to put their guns away, before they got to the main(ish) road. Apparently some guy was videoing it all, and they didn’t mind. Some guys in the group dispersed to the street corners (*see above)

Our area is not exactly rough, and consists mainly of a newly planned area with complexes under a couple of years old, so it’s not the bronx or even the Taoyuan equivalent…interesting…