Wtb or rent circular saw, skill saw, or blades

I see b&q rents saw but they dont include blade…

I wish to ask if someone has a saw to sell that they are not using or blades that were used on a b&q rental

Buy or borrow , rent? Asking need to build a couple things from clean wood.

Thanks sorry if post in wrong place
Im in nangang to but can travel a bit

Life technology wow ok

It’s kind of normal that saw blades are not included. You need to buy that.

Got that thanks bro

Yea you gotta buy the blade. Sorry but if they include it there’s no telling what condition it would be in when they get it back.

They aren’t expensive though.

I have a bandsaw, if you need something cut and can bring it with you, you can rent my shop.

Im from the ol us of A and rental places rent with blades , if your return a f’ed up blade they will charge you for a new blade at a inflated price.

What do people do with there blades after b&q rental?? Throw them away ? Give them back to b&q ? Save them for a rainy day.

I hauled hella wood to a 6th floor with no lifter. Not moving it…
thanks for offer!

It’s not easy borrowing tools at all in Taiwan. I can sort of understand why.

Do you need the saw to cut the wood up so you can carry it up to the 6th floor? Or do you just need it to build something?

If it’s just wooden sticks, a hand saw works just as well. If it’s plywood then you would want a circular saw. But usually you can order plywood cut to size.

Just so you know you can hire a crane if it’s a lot of stuff and you don’t want to carry it up to the 6th floor, assuming you have an open balcony. It costs 3000 to hire a crane.

Building Raised flower planter boxes and cutting wood for shelves and storage
3 days worth of projects

I will bite the bullet and rent b&q

1 Like

And yes. I have a nice little hand japanese but my arms will fall off

Yea I got some tips… B&Q will cut your wood to size. It saves you from having to rent a saw and all that.

Just have your cut sheet ready and they’ll cut your wood to size.

1 Like

I got all free wood -Sheets of plywood, 4x4s , and huge shipping crate.- collected over 5 months
I know they cut, its like home depot in usa.
Im a hack craftsman

Thanks for your input

You could try stopping by a construction site, maybe somebody has a used blade they’d sell (or give) to you. At least where we live in Hsinchu there is always construction going on, and up to mid-October I am sure I heard circular saws daily. I doubt they were cutting wood, but for a handful of small wood projects a concrete or other blade might work if you have some sandpaper handy. Don’t forget goggles if you go this route.

Good luck, and pls post some pics of the finished projects.

If you are using pallet or wood from shipping crates, make sure the wood is free of nails. It will be the reason why rental places will not include blades.

You can buy a blade here.

I will post photos , probably buy blade at b&q…

Just so you know, B&Q charges outrageous prices for their tools and wood. If you ever need to buy something find a local store and it will be much cheaper. They also doesn’t cut all wood like a 4x4 or or some thick piece (if you catch them on the right day and they have their miter saw sit up they might). Sadly B&Q is the only store I know of that rents tools as well.

Jigsaw rentals @b&q are not bad… 150 blades 70

I want to find a local hardware store but far and few.

Tool street in west taipei is great been there but im biking from nangang and bq is my local store haha

The white oak vaneer scraps i got from a cabinet build will be a interesting Touch i will post after

1 Like

I have to know more about this cat that is in a cage that is on top of 5 milk crates. Mainly is it that high just so it can enjoy the view?

He wants a view, and we are technically 7 floors up, he is a wild boy. He will jump

Normally l carry the crate to my rooftop

The crates are just temporary as i work with him

The blades are 70 nt?