Wtb or rent circular saw, skill saw, or blades

Yes jigsaw 2 pack 70nt , actually b&q has some cheap things haha

I know a hardware store in JingMei. Guy speaks fluent English as he lived in Canada for a while. Knows his stuff and is very helpful too.

Was thinking about jiggin the wood but the vibration and speed … headin to b&q when they open one little trick rent when they open then return the next day a closing… kinda like two days 350nt and blade 350ish… (yes blade is maybe more than the rental…)

Hey there! Do you know the name of that shop? Also I’m looking for a place to buy woodworking tools like bandsaw, drill press…

I am not sure he sell those kinds of tools, but he would sell the blades. You could ask. He would know a good place to buy the tools if he didn’t have them. You guy who speaks English is the son - has a pony tail and glasses.

1 Like

Finally a decent thread. Isn’t it better to read about someone building stuff!? Look forward to seeing the progress.

Dang if I would have known you or other people were interested in watching people build things, then I would have taken pictures of my laser cutter build and put them here.

Another good place to buy things would be Huanhe South Road (I think that’s the name). Tons of hardware stores on that street. You can also get some things on Ruten or Shopee, but in person they will more than likely throw in some free things.

I hardly go to Taiyuan st anymore. The number of hardware store there is dwindling, to be replaced with claw machine shops or toy shops. Plus if I wanted anything “industrial” they won’t have it or it will be overpriced. Just better to get what I need from Taobao rather than waste time and sweat trying to deal with shopkeepers who keeps dismissing me.

Found a filthy cool hardware they have everything, everything so deep
Im going to use 4 inch grinder/cutter found wood blades 120nt and b&q rental 150…
better than jig but not as expensive as skillsaw.
Takes some hand skill to cutt luckly i have big mitts

They have some english skills

Don’t wear gloves around spinning tools unless you want to lose that hand too.

Never gloves but safety glasses a must !

I for one, am certainly interested in building and fixing stuff. :slight_smile:

Tw needs more real men!!

Local hole in wall 120nt blade, b&q 229 cheapest…

This is for 4 inch grinder

Did you rent the grinder at B&Q? I didn’t realize they rent grinders. I thought they just had sanders, drills, and jigsaws to rent.

Yes

I seen people put 4 inch sawblades on angle grinders. Is it safe?

Sometimes I have plywood that needs to be cut and won’t fit in the bandsaw. I don’t have a circular saw but has an angle grinder. I found it really useful for carving guitar necks with a flap wheel.

Safe? Not proper but an experienced person with good hands its ok,
Im not looking for perfect cutts

There are lots of tool rental places in Taiwan, not everyone has space or money to buy them. Day laborers mostly go there to rent.

Just calculate all sizes of the pieces you need and have the wood guys cut it for you at their place, works as a charm. Done it a few times.