Wtf?

http://www.forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?f=144&t=117319

:bravo:

Pay peanuts, get monkeys.

Maybe he’d rather work 10 hours at 300 an hour. Money is money!

Maybe it’s a big step up from the 100nt an hour he/she is getting now at Micky D

There are an increasing number of these. It’s worrying.

I have no problem with people working for any amount they think they are worth, but it doesn’t bode well for the market when more of these keep appearing. For what it’s worth, I think this must be a wind-up. It can’t possibly be the case that 300 has become the new low.

I once tutored for 1.5 hours at $800 and felt like a dickhead afterwards for doing so

[quote=“tomthorne”]There are an increasing number of these. It’s worrying.

I have no problem with people working for any amount they think they are worth, but it doesn’t bode well for the market when more of these keep appearing. For what it’s worth, I think this must be a wind-up. It can’t possibly be the case that 300 has become the new low.[/quote]

It is unfortunate,indeed, that some people just do not realise they are devaluing the Industry by lowering the Market price for everyone. The same went on in the UK in my field and the “normal” rate became lower than 15 years before. A sad fact in a Free Market. Does this mean you may sell your spoon collection soon? :popcorn:

Tom, don’t think too much.

They have always been around. They don’t get much, don’t give much, and don’t stay long.

[strike]It’s probably a kid between high school and university, staying with his grandparents.[/strike]

Tom, don’t think too much.

They have always been around. They don’t get much, don’t give much, and don’t stay long.

[strike]It’s probably a kid between high school and university, staying with his grandparents.[/strike][/quote]

How dare you, Sir!

Oh, sorry, I thought you said “drink” :blush:

Think yourselves lucky that there’s still money involved. In my industry, people often offer to work for free.

We aught to have a brigade of vigilantes running around and getting ridiculous ads like these pulled off the web. It does us all no good to see some clowns trying to undercut everyone else by working for peanuts. But yeah, like a previous poster said, this crap has likely always been around. When my mom taught here 11 years ago she had similar stories. If the anecdote for this particular poster is any indication, they indeed don’t last long.

Well, if you still have their number, you can call and offer to return some of the money.