Wulai Sunday Jan 8: the long march

Ok, so this time it should work out. Ironman will pick me up and I will come with him on this hike. Hope the weather is not too bad.
See you on sunday.

We booked rain.

We certainly won’t be letting the weather hinder our plans, no matter what it may throw our way. But there is a tiny ray of hope that this present mass of wet nastiness will have fizzled out just in time to give us quite pleasant hiking conditions on Sunday.

OK, our Taiwanese friend has said that the trail down to dreamland is muddy, steep, leech infested, and seldom used these days. It also takes about an hour down from the logging road. Ironman, let’s do the car thing if you still want you SO to come alone.

Okay, everyone out there lurking, please pipe in. Are you with us or not?

Not much of a response so far. It looks like we’ll probably be a fairly small group this time.

She is coming. We can do the car thing. Ratbrain, you in without your ratlungs?

It’s really good your local buddy sorted this out, steep ok, muddy, maybe, leech infested, no way.

It’s really good your local buddy sorted this out, steep ok, muddy, maybe, leech infested, no way.[/quote]

The steepness, muddiness and leeches wouldn’t be much of a prob, but the time bit definitely rules it out.

Peter, do you want to meet us in Xindian or Wulai? Looks like we will be driving.

This is the group so far:

Me
my wife (maybe)
Chris
Kitty

Ironman
his SO
mingshah

Omni

Ratbrain

Does everyone know how to get to Wulai? If not let’s just meet (except Omni) at Muzha MRT station as usual. I’d suggest Xindian MRT station but it’s hard to park around there. OK, so Muzha MRT station at 8am. We’ll be in Wulai about 9am. Omni we can pick you up along the way if you like.

How about our Taiwanese guide? Are you going to suggest to him to meet you at Mucha or Hsintien?

If the weather is nice, I’ll probably ride the scooter up to Wulai and meet you there. But if it’s rainy and very cold, I’d prefer to get a lift in your car – in which case I could wait at the bottom of the Hsinwu Road where it would be easy for you to spot me and to stop and pick me up.

The weather’s pretty grotty now, but even if it stays this way, it’s not so bad for a hike like that (the first time I ever did it was in similar weather at the same time of year, and I enjoyed it enormously).

Muzha Station at 8. Got it!

We’ll be there unless it’s pouring in the morning.

[quote=“Chris”]Muzha Station at 8. Got it!

We’ll be there unless it’s pouring in the morning.[/quote]

I was wondering how come we’d heard no word about you and Kitty being in for this one, Chris. I’m glad to hear you’ll be joining us if the weather permits.

MM, if the cars are already full and I don’t feel inclined to ride my scooter, I’ll hop on to the bus to Wulai and meet you all there. So I’ll give you a call about that some time after 8 tomorrow morning.

[quote=“Omniloquacious”][quote=“Chris”]Muzha Station at 8. Got it!

We’ll be there unless it’s pouring in the morning.[/quote]

I was wondering how come we’d heard no word about you and Kitty being in for this one, Chris. I’m glad to hear you’ll be joining us if the weather permits.

MM, if the cars are already full and I don’t feel inclined to ride my scooter, I’ll hop on to the bus to Wulai and meet you all there. So I’ll give you a call about that some time after 8 tomorrow morning.[/quote]

Cars shouldn’t be full. I will have room for 1 more in mine. Ironman should have room for one or two more. And rat is coming alone.

btw, I’m going unless it’s a monsoon. And even then…I need the exercise so I’m going.

OK, so last message: Meet at Muzha MRT at 8am.

Hmm, the muddy leech infested terrain to dreamland doesn’t sound too good. oh well. is there room in a car for me? if it is pouring i will stay at home, i forgot to do some work anyways.

Room for you? I thought you had a car? Oh well, better contact ironman.

And we aren’t doing leech lane tomorrow.

Ok, hope Ironman is still comming up with when he wants to pick me up and where. :wink:

Ratbrain it would be a pleasure to take you in my car.

Ming Shah, I need your mobile to find you. Assume a Saab will be roaming around Long Tan looking for you just after 7:00am

PM me your phone number please or put up a flare or something.

I send you a PM 15 min ago, hope you got it…

If anybody else is out there with ironmans cell phone number, contact me. maybe you can tell him my number than…thanks

that was a good hike. the waterfalls were really nice, and seeing the monkey was really cool.