Wuliao Jian: Definitely NOT a Boring Hike! June 18

[quote=“Muzha Man”]Okay, we are going to try again this Sunday June 18. I believe the weather will cooperate.

We’ll want to meet in Sanxia around 10. Those coming from Taoyuan can go directly to Sanxia and meet us at the traffic triangle just before the turnoff for Belgian Pie. Those of us coming from Taipei will probably have to take the MRT out to Yongning Station and then a cab.

I know the rats are in. Who else?[/quote]

Why would you take a cab … buses are plenty, take exit 4 at the MRT station.

[quote=“belgian pie”][quote=“Muzha Man”]Okay, we are going to try again this Sunday June 18. I believe the weather will cooperate.

We’ll want to meet in Sanxia around 10. Those coming from Taoyuan can go directly to Sanxia and meet us at the traffic triangle just before the turnoff for Belgian Pie. Those of us coming from Taipei will probably have to take the MRT out to Yongning Station and then a cab.

I know the rats are in. Who else?[/quote]

Why would you take a cab … buses are plenty, take exit 4 at the MRT station.[/quote]

I like cabs. Waiting for buses takes time, which means I have to get up earlier. :noway:

Okay, it looks like I can make this one. I can meet at the Yongning MRT or anywhere else if necessary. Sounds like it should be a fun day. Thanks for orgainizing this, Mucha_Man.

Yes, definitely in!

Hope the weather cooperates!!

so this is my first hike on forumosa, besides being early and brining water and comfortable shoes do I need to bring anything else ? I am not really familiar with the area and where Belgian Pie is located. Anyone want to split a cab from the MRT stop ? I’ll be the tall confused looking guy, you should be the guy/gal who knows where we are going.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

[quote=“snafu”]so this is my first hike on forumosa, besides being early and brining water and comfortable shoes do I need to bring anything else ? I am not really familiar with the area and where Belgian Pie is located. Anyone want to split a cab from the MRT stop ? I’ll be the tall confused looking guy, you should be the guy/gal who knows where we are going.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.[/quote]

You will need at least 2 liters of water. This is not optional. It’s a rule for summer hikes. You will also need a lunch. Again, not optional even if you are on a diet. :wink: A small flashlight just in case. I’ve done this hike a half dozen times and there should be absolutely no trouble but we have learned to be prepared.

Bring along a folding umbrella or light raincoat (such as those thin yellow ones at 7-11) in case it rains. A hat is necessary. If it doesn’t have a back flap to cover your neck consider hanging a small towel from it. Sunscreen. It is easy to burn.

Right now it looks like the rats are going. If my friend Brian is too them we should have enough cars. The Taipei people will then take a taxi from Yongning station to Sanxia and then ride the rest of the way in the Taoyuan people’s cars. If we have too many people, then we Taipei ren will take taxis all the way to the trailhead: should be around NT500 if we have to go all the way. . Since there will be four or 5 of us coming from Taipei this shouldn’t be a problem for anyone.

I suggest we Taipei people meet at Yongning exit 2 around 9:45. We will meet the Taoyuan people at the triangle around 10am. We all have cell phones so we can be in contact along the way.

Looking forward to this. Scomargo, glad you can come.

Sorry, I’ve already got that role covered. :slight_smile: It’ll be nice to meet you, Snafu.

Yes, me too. I think I can do Sunday hikes now. At least that’s something.

It looks like it’s going to be a hot day. Hope my pale white skin can handle the transition from my office job to the great outdoors.

I’m in. See you Sunday!

Yes, we are in and looking forward to the hike. If Limey rides with us, we still have 2 more seats available and can pick people up in Sanxia at the triangle intersection.

It looks like there will be more than 10 on this trip so we Taipei folk will have to take taxis all the way there. Rat, do you remember the way to Full Moon Park? Wuliao Jian is on the same road out of Sanxia (the 7 squiggle that goes to Sanmin/Fuxing) but before the left turn over the bridge that leads up the road to FMP. If you remember the way to FMP then I will give you clear directions to Wuliao Jian. If you can’t remember, we can still meet at the triangle roundabout in Sanxia and then you just follow us in the taxis.

I’m in. See you Sunday!

I might have an extra person with me, didn’t realize there were this many people going.

That’s fine. It will take a little longer to do the hike but no problem. Make sure the person knows our rules about water (2 litres) and a lunch.

Coming from Taipei, we will have 8 so that’s two taxis full exactly.

The weather threatened rain a few times but mercifully kept dry and we all had a wonderful afternoon out on the crazy slices of rock that call themselves a trail. It was much more tiring this time because of the heat and humidity, however, and I think this will be the last long hike of the season.

Great to see the gang out again. We had 12 this time, and that is even without snafu and friend (where were you?) and regulars seeker4, ironman, irishstu and omni. It was slow going at times going down and up ropes with such a big group but at least it gave us lots of time to rest.

Dinner at BP’s was as scrumptious as ever. How can it be the last time? Well, I bought one of those 2 litre flagons of beer to remember the times.

Pics coming tomorrow. I am having a gin and tonic and going to bed. But first a shower.

[quote=“Muzha Man”]The weather threatened rain a few times but mercifully kept dry and we all had a wonderful afternoon out on the crazy slices of rock that call themselves a trail. It was much more tiring this time because of the heat and humidity, however, and I think this will be the last long hike of the season.

Great to see the gang out again. We had 12 this time, and that is even without snafu and friend (where were you?) and regulars seeker4, ironman, irishstu and omni. It was slow going at times going down and up ropes with such a big group but at least it gave us lots of time to rest.

Dinner at BP’s was as scrumptious as ever. How can it be the last time? Well, I bought one of those 2 litre flagons of beer to remember the times.

Pics coming tomorrow. I am having a gin and tonic and going to bed. But first a shower.[/quote]
Great hike, Mucha_Man! It was my third time down that rocky cliff with the knotted rope!

We brought home the two pies we ordered from Belgian Pie, and will be enjoying wonderful slices of it over the next couple weeks! (They keep very well!)

Yes, a fantastic hike followed by a great meal. That was one of the best cheeseburgers I’ve ever had in Taiwan.

It felt good to go out on a hike again after so many months. I hope to do it again sometime soon.

Ratlung’s descent

“I’m too sexy for this hike!” MM posing

The whole group, except me at the temple at the end of the hike.

I had fun on this one. Thanks all for an enjoyable day. Thanks Ratties for the lift.

L.

this was definitely an interesting hike. I think maybe I would like to go again if someone pays me a trillion NT, but in cooler weather. Dinner was super tasty!

We were there but I guess at the wrong station ? We went on the hike as well, and had an amazing time although we missed out on dinner.

You know, I just now understood the humor in that line. Wow, am I slow! :blush: