X Men 2 and the censors (spoilers)

Damn straight. I saw it last night. Lord, but it was boring. Brought to mind that old redneck bumpersticker: “Kill 'em all, Let God sort them out.”

An IMDB user:

[quote]TheRedneck2004

Date: 2 May 2003
Summary: Greatest Comic Book Movie Ever

OK, I usually hate most sequels, and I usually hate most comic book movies. But I thought X-Men (2000) was pretty good, but X2 blows it out of the water.

I can try to write my typical long-winded reviews…but I can’t. Let’s just say everything about this movie is right. Go see it! And then see it again![/quote]
Redneck2004 also reckons Shanghai Knights is, and I quote, “top notch.”

[quote=“Taurus”]Funny,
that “damn GIO” has changed the initial title of the thread.[/quote]
I wanted to warn people that the thread contained spoilers. But then the title looked a little long, so I cut it down a few letters. That’s all.

I’ll try asking around a little more to find out if any of the damn censors in the damn GIO cut any of the damn movie. :wink:

Damn straight. I saw it last night. Lord, but it was boring. Brought to mind that old redneck bumpersticker: “Kill 'em all, Let God sort them out.”[/quote]

I saw a publicity poster for it and that was enough for me. But surely, movies like this are aimed at children, aren’t they? So who are we to judge?

Children!
Just for that, Sandy, you don’t get to see Matrix 2!

[quote=“wolf_reinhold”]Children!
Just for that, Sandy, you don’t get to see Matrix 2![/quote]

Well, since I never bothered to see Matrix 1, I don’t think I’ll be missing much.

You is so dadgum sophisticated there Sandyman. Only them high-brow black-and-white “classic” films (not movies) for you, I recon.
Anyhow, gotta skiddadle; don’t wanna be late for my butt-scratchin’ class.

Speaking of which, you’re still going to those? You must be at Ph.D level by now, surely.

[quote=“jackburton”]
umm who’s calling whom a nitpicker? isn’t that what you did?
having said that, I think you got grossly confused or else we saw different movies.

1. The female-wolverine ie Lady Deathstrike is not a robot. Wolverine just injected so much adamantium liquid that it gushed out of her orifices.
  2. This is X-Men not the wonder twins/superfriends movie. The character Bobby (kid with ice) is the future ICEMAN. He does turn into ice too, but not until he is older. and I agree, i thought he might have frozen the floodwater. And that was NOT his sister in the copter. ahem… they are girl friend and boyfriend or did the theatre cut out the part where they made out. BTW, she is Rogue.
  3. Pyro is from the New Mutants or Xmen Evolution (i forget which and actually that was my ORIGINAL QUESTION, not a nitpicking). As opposed to the TORCH from the FAB FOUR.
  4. Gleek? Hello? this is XMEN. The blue guy is NOT MAORI!!!. He is Nightcrawler, a GERMAN mutant who can teleport. Dude, what the *&^%$ planet are you from?
  5. the changeling is MYSTIQUE, who also happens to be the foster mother of ROGUE. (a leader of Freedom Force or something)
    6)FYI, the guy who turned to metal was Colossus, a Russian, but w/o a russian accent in the movie.

anyways, I did enjoy the movie. like i said, i enjoyed it more than the first one.

Get your story straight b4 you criticize others (although I can see you are not familiar with the XMEN from your post though you do seem to know your SUPERFRIENDS real well).

I don’t understand how you could think that Bobby is sister to Rogue. If he is called Bobby in the movie, why did you mistake him for Zan. and the monkey, how do you confuse a monkey named Gleek with a MAN who is called Nightcrawler and introduces himself with a German Name… I can’t tell if you are being sarcastic, or just really mistaken.

I am confused by your post. :shock:[/quote]

actually, Lady Deathstrike is a cyborg in the comic. Pyro is a villain from the comics in the 70s and resurfaces in the New Mutants around the same time as Cable apprears (Cyclops and Jean Grey’s son from the future). I just don’t get why they give big roles to dumb villians like pyro and toad (X-men 1). Chainsmoker… you are hillarious, I was laughing in my 6 ping studio for a good 5 minutes. Jackburton, I think Chainsmoker was just messing with you…but he did a great job in drawing the connection between night crawler and that space monkey. :laughing:

I just rented a DVD that had a X-men trailer and now I want to see it, but only for that naked-looking blue chick. Yum!

There is a life-sized cut out of her at Breeze’s Cinema, pubes and all.

[quote=“wolf_reinhold”]I saw the film at the theater near the Shilin Night market and there something cut. If you have not seen the movie, maybe you don’t want to read on…
I saw the girl fall out of the plane and then the blue devil guy to after her…cut to them somehow back in the plane.
Also, the movie almost ended with a pan close to the water with a pattern starting to show and then, WHAM, the credits start.
Did I miss anything?[/quote]

Well…if something was cut, then the Berkeley censors must have decided to cut the same thing the GIO did :smiley:

Those two scenes were exactly what I saw here. Anyone have other possible cuts?