XBox Series X in Taiwan

It’s probably too late for any preorders.

I preordered my PS5 in the UK even before I got here to make sure it’s possible to get one without paying 2-3x.

Same. Preordered mine in the USA and shipping it here

I’ve only ever needed to preorder Nintendo consoles, and I might wait on the PS5 until they make a version that is smaller than a refrigerator.

It was cheaper for me to buy Pioneer’s last Kuro plasma displays in America and have them shipped to Taiwan than it was to buy the cheapest gray market ones in Taiwan. One of my kids then threw a toy and cracked the screen after about a year. I miss the Kuros. I like the organic look of plasma. Waiting for affordable microLED now.

I’m waiting for PS5 Pro. By then there will be lots of good exclusives.

1 Like

I’m really surprised by the lack of big launch day titles. What’s there beside Assassins Creed?

All I play is COD lol

1 Like

I tried to play again but I suck now. Idk why. I used to be pretty good at COD. Now I just get killed every 10 second.

Spider man miles morales

1 Like

That’s coming out on the PS4 as well, and first in Taiwan, I think.

Went to Guanghua today, which I apparently should have done before they announced the preorders. About 5 places had the Series S at a reasonable price, but everyone who has a Series X had sold it already. I did finally pick up Mario Kart Live for the kids for Xmas…cheaper in Guanghua than in the States (well, in the one store I bought it…).

1 Like

What were they selling the S for?

NT9300 +/-…barely 2 bottles of apple vinegar more than the US price!

They actually had the S in store, or just allowed you to order it from them?

Several places had both the S and the X in store, but they would only sell me the S as the X were all accounted for.

Wish I didn’t know that.

Very tempted to go and buy one now…

If you have a 4K TV or some physical copies of Xbox One games you like, I’d wait for the X. If not…what are you waiting for?!?

I bought a Series X on Facebook Marketplace for NT$16,000. That’s cheaper than the US if you factor in sales tax. No idea why they’re scalping only 5-600 over MSRP.

No I don’t have a 4K TV yet.

My wife just gave birth. I don’t think I’m brave enough to bring home an Xbox, and definitely not brave enough to play it when she has no free time to do anything other than breast feed :rofl:.

2 Likes

Congratulations! That’s wonderful! I hope everyone is healthy and happy (as happy as you can be while sleep deprived)!

1 Like