Xiao Liuqiu 2021

OK, So here’s a quick rundown on my travel Kaohsiung/Nanwan/ Xiao Liu Qiu/Kaohsiung. After a few days in Nanwan, I headed north to Dong Gang for the ferry to Xiao Liu Qiu. I had purchased a r/t Kenting Express Bus ticket at Zouying HSR after taking the train to XinZouying Station, but was not going to use the return portion north as I was only going to go as far as Fangliao. The return ticket is open for one year. My plan was to use my Easy Card card to pay for the portion of the trip to Fangliao, which is 4 stops north from Nanwan. From there a taxi to Dong Gang for the ferry. While waiting for the bus at around 12:20 in Nanwan a taxi stopped and asked myself & 2 girls if we wanted to go to Kaohsiung. They did and he offered a price of NT 400/each. To take me directly to the ferry port in Dong Gang he offered me 350 and I took it. About an hour later I was at the ferry.
R/T ferry to Xiao Liu Qiu was NT 400. There are at least 2 companies running & I took Sapphire as it was leaving in 10 minutes. New fleet, clean, plenty of life jackets & in about 50 minutes was on the island. Plenty of touts greeting you to offer scooters & rooms. I had booked ahead and walked to my place. Went back later to the scooter rental closest to the Sapphire terminal and rented a good motorbike for NT 700, 48 hours, gas included. Toured around Wed. pm, all day Thur. and Fri. am, stopping at all the cool beaches to do some snorkeling.
When heading back to Kaohsiung I found a van to take me & 2 others north from Dong Gang thru a lady working at a small bus-like depot next to the Family Mart across from the ferry terminal. For NT 600 total we were taken to Kaohsiung Airport. I’d imagine the driver would charge more to go farther north into the city. I then hopped on the KMRT to get me into Kaohsiung.

5 Likes

So, on a scale of 1-10 how did you like the trip?

Nice report, and new transport options!

1 Like

hannes, All-in-all it was a great trip. No snafus and some nice beaches to spend time at on the island. I guess I could give it a ten. I think though that XLQ could get busy on the weekends, so going during the week would be a better bet.

3 Likes

Did any massage coaches chase you? :rofl:

1 Like

No…Can’t say they did. Chase me in what way?

https://tw.forumosa.com/t/before-you-plan-to-come-to-xiaoliuqiu-for-a-weekend-on-level-2-warning-of-covid19/211142

Sorry, Still don’t follow…“Massage coach ?”

Ah. They must’ve changed their name. OP was originally named liuqiu massage coach

1 Like

I thought I was the OP.

?

The beaches on Liuqiu are mostly rocks and coral trying to get into the water except for the one just beside the harbor that is sandy.

These 3 had enuf sand for me.

3 Likes

In that topic…

So, on a scale of 1-10 how did you like the 2 girls?

:stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry joking aside, thanks for the feedback! Glad you enjoyed it. I remember visiting that island maybe 4-5 years ago - but unfortunately missed out on the underwater world back then. Might go back for that. If the coach let’s me.

Small beach, but not many people there which is good for me.

1 Like

Nice news video on the Island in English

1 Like