XIAOMI Note mobile phone

Today is the first selling day of the Xiaomi Note phone.
5.5 inches, great quality and price (in PDRC just 799 Yuan, here it should be similar).
Maybe the best value of all the phones you can buy just now.

My question: Where in Taipei can I find one for sale?

personally gonna suggest Zenfone 5.

Hongmi Note won’t be sold in Taiwan until June.

I need a big screen, as it will be used mostly for working on the internet while being mobile
(I don’t wanna carry my heavy laptop with me all the time, especially when travelling).

5.5 inch is the lowest I can go. Actually, I’d prefer 5.7-6.5’, but the NOTE is being sold at a very attractive price so it would be ok.
Even thinking about IPPO X7 with octacore at the moment. Big, but with a blue-tooth headset it won’t look too stupid
taking a call in public. And more than 90% of communication is mail anyway for me.

(Cubetalk 9X would be the best, 3G, 2.0 Ghz, 40.000 on Antutu, 10.000 mA battery, Retina screen with amazing resolution, super cheap, camera ‘just’ 8 Mpix, but still ok, overall: the best thing ever available at the moment, but that’s too big unfortunately)

if you really need a big screen there’s zenfone 6

Thanks, I gonna check the zenfone 6 at a shop around here.
The specs look good, 720 resolution on 6’ sounds a bit low though, the bezels are a bit fat too.
Just googled for the ANTUTU benchmark, just 20XXX? I know, test is not all, but…
That’s really low…thought the ATOM CPU could do more?

Ippo X7 has a better HD screen and nicer design (thin bezel), ANTUTU around 28.000, maybe gonna wait for a review of it first.
I’d love to hold it in my hands though, to see if it’s ok to handle…
Or wait for Xiaomi (ANTUTU 26.000) coz of the price…

[quote=“farmingmountains”]Thanks, I gonna check the zenfone 6 at a shop around here.
The specs look good, 720 resolution on 6’ sounds a bit low though, the bezels are a bit fat too.
Just googled for the ANTUTU benchmark, just 20XXX? I know, test is not all, but…
That’s really low…thought the ATOM CPU could do more?

Ippo X7 has a better HD screen and nicer design (thin bezel), ANTUTU around 28.000, maybe gonna wait for a review of it first.
I’d love to hold it in my hands though, to see if it’s ok to handle…
Or wait for Xiaomi (ANTUTU 26.000) because of the price…[/quote]

right now the newest phones (HTC One M8 and Galexy Note 3) are running at 39xxx. the zenfone 5 using Intel Atom that I got for my family is around 22xxx. The former two costs around 20,000 NTD, zenfone 5 is only 5,000 NTD.

Since you were looking to buy a XIAOMI phone, zenfone 5 performs better than XIAOMI’s comparable Hong MI (same price range).

See multiple benchmarks between Zenfone 5 and Hong MI for yourself:
asus.com/tw/zentalk/tw/forum/list?aid=25675

Antutu scores favors phones with more cores, which frankly isn’t actually benefiting mobile phone usage, in fact, if more cores running than you really need, battery life would be cut short. My experience with zenfone 5 runs really smooth, some times smoother than my own phone (Antutu at 34483). It is about the same size as my phone but the battery lasts about 8 hours longer.

If performance is really what you are looking for, I think GPU performance is what actually matters when it comes to playing games. You should check out that benchmark link and reference the GPU test scores.

Can’t you wait a few more weeks for the Oneplus One?

It seems available already (if pre-ordered).
gizmochina.com/2014/05/27/19 … ale-today/

I was thinking more about full reviews and hands-ons with the final build. Actual experience > specs.