Xindian Restaurants/Pubs

I am tired of going down-town just to grab dinner and a beer in OK environment. Do anyone know any good western style/food restaurants and/or pubs in the Hsintien area?
I tried the Tequila Time in Chung Hsin b[/b] Rd., and while the food was not too bad, the service was sssllloooowwww (25 min. for a Marguarita, with only 4 other guests). :unamused:
OK, so I am not a feinsmecker, but almost any western food not “nuked” or cooked Chinese way will do. Any pubs in the area where you can drop in by yourself, and hang in the bar and chat, without being considered “alien from Mars”?

For my normal drop out for a quick meal I normally frequent the small Teppanyaki in Chung Hsin b[/b] Rd. Sec. 3, No 138, or one of the seafood/beer-places a little further north in Chung Hsin b[/b] Rd. I feel they are pretty good :slight_smile: , but sometimes I just get tired of the Asian style cooking (and eating)…

I will do my best to visit the places you recommend, and give feedback about my opinion (if you are interested).

Cheers and Bon Appetit.

OK, then it is settled. There is no place around here to have some decent western food and/or hang out in the bar for a couple of beers/drinks.

-Still have to go into Taipei

i lived at the i-house in hsintien for over a year. never ate western in hsintien because of the lack of good places for it.

bad news, eh?

i lived at the i-house in hsintien for over a year. never ate western in hsintien because of the lack of good places for it.

bad news, eh?

bad news, eh?

Really bad news, but as I suspected - no good western food in Hsin Tien b[/b].

Then the next quest is to find a pub/bar that is not a variation of KTV, and where it is possible to hang out in the bar having a couple beers/drinks, just observing life passing by.

You know, in most places where there is something looking like a bar, it is actually service counter for the waiters, and anyone trying to sit by the bar get the “looks”.

Thanks for the reply, even if it did not help. The search continues for a bar to hang out in.