Xindian to Xinzhuang

I am cracking my head here. More than a decade in the island and I cannot figure a route between these two places that does not entail one hour trip.

And no, I don’t drive, not a scooter. And I haven’t touched a car in… well, over a decade.

Any suggested routes? Alternatives? This is for a daily commute, morning rush and evening mayhem. Anything except moving, no way Jose.

I used to make that trip, you can do it in 45 minutes on a scooter. By bus or public transport during rush hour is madness. I’d actually consider renting a small apartment in the area or moving there.

[quote=“Icon”]I am cracking my head here. More than a decade in the island and I cannot figure a route between these two places that does not entail one hour trip.

And no, I don’t drive, not a scooter. And I haven’t touched a car in… well, over a decade.

Any suggested routes? Alternatives? This is for a daily commute, morning rush and evening mayhem. Anything except moving, no way Jose.[/quote]

Waiting till the yellow line is finished in a year or two?

With 4 cats and a dog, moving is not an option. :frowning:

Loathe scooters. More than Xinzhuang itself.

Rats, rats and double rats!

Taxi. Get the company to pay.

[quote=“mingshah”][quote=“Icon”]I am cracking my head here. More than a decade in the island and I cannot figure a route between these two places that does not entail one hour trip.

Any suggested routes? Alternatives? This is for a daily commute, morning rush and evening mayhem. Anything except moving, no way Jose.[/quote]

Waiting till the yellow line is finished in a year or two?[/quote]

Yep, checked out the location. It’s going to be right in the middle bewteen two stations, another commute from either one…
:cry:

Bu ke neng!!!

Driving a car is the only quick and safe way. I had scootered a similar route for a couple of years, got knocked down one morning, lucky to be in one piece after that.

Where in Xinzhuang?

sigh

Yep, so I’ve figured. There is a bus fron Xindian -918- but it takes about one hour. Then there’s the MRT/bus commute, not bad since there are lots of buses going that way.

Well, buing a car, that’ll make my dad happy. The measure of success back home is a really obnoxious car, so he can’t understand how can I live here without one.

Now, let me get a business license so I can buy a nice truck… You know what would make me happy: a Land Rover Safari. Like my Daddy used to have when I was little.

(softly speaking - we might have an apartment for rent from june or july…)

Carry on :slight_smile:

And yes, bus 918 is an hour drive, but they run very frequently, so you’ll have a “good” time to listen to all your favorite songs on your mp3 on your trip back and forth.

Driving a car is fast, I took me 15 min. from Sinjhuang (xingfu road) to get to Sindian (baoqiang road) on the 64.
But this was of course NOT during rush hour…
Alternatively - you could move to Banqiao?

Could have been worse. Imagine if I had bought the house in Danshuei… shiver shiver

Problem with long bus rides is I fall asleep. Then you wake up, like in Muzha when you were going to Xindian…

The Xinzhuang line will open on Sept. 1.

Problem solved, then. Yeah! :thumbsup: :discodance:

Problem solved, then. Yeah! :thumbsup: :discodance:[/quote]

No, that is the Luzhou branch line. MRT to Xinzhuang will open in 2013.

No, that is the Luzhou branch line. MRT to Xinzhuang will open in 2013.[/quote]
Well that sucks.

Here’s the article I was thinking of:China Post
It says they start test runs on the Xinzhuang line in Nov. I think it’s going to start in Dec. 2010.

No, that is the Luzhou branch line. MRT to Xinzhuang will open in 2013.[/quote]
Well that sucks.

Here’s the article I was thinking of:China Post
It says they start test runs on the Xinzhuang line in Nov. I think it’s going to start in Dec. 2010.[/quote]

Here is an article in Chinese. The delay was due to controversy over land acquisition for the depot in Xinzhuang (on the site of the Lesheng sanatorium). Because of this the whole line will not be able to open until 2013. However they might be able to open in stages before then.
udn.com/NEWS/DOMESTIC/DOM2/5484782.shtml

In case anyone else needs it, there is a private bus that goes all the way from Xindian/Yonghe to Xinzhuang. It stops right infront of Subway -sandwich, just to make it clear- in Tapinglin at 8am, goes all the way to Kaishan University.

There are like 3 I’ve seeen too all the way to Nankang. Sweet.

My in-laws live in Xinzhuang and I can tell you it ain’t any faster by car.

MRT to main station and then bus 299 I believe. I used to study at FuJen and take 299 occasionally, it goes down Zhongxiao through to Hsinchuang while most importantly skipping the toilet that is Sanchung (sorry Elvis Hendrix).