Xmas parenting: Kids off school Dec. 25 or not?

Good point. I’ve wrenched much with that particular spanner in the works.
Only two real alternates in that scenario.

1. Go under.
  2. Go over.
    I ain’t one for going under, especially with company.
    If one is heading into some flak, one might as well not conform to the expectant flight path.
    One copes with alienation in tangible, subjective means.
    Might as well make the most of it, turn a substantially negative shituation into some positive hues.

Being of mixed blood meself, I know the real nitty gritty receiveing end of growing up a freak in cultures seemingly a galaxy away. I would mention more of the nomenclature of letting the freak flag fly, but that would be evasive…

p.s. upon stumbling unto the ‘ke’ai’, trying to train the younglings to commit some of their reserves to bolster the tactical withdrawal, all in good order back to the perimeter, what?
HuZZaH!
'Tis Boxing Day, indeed!
:grandpa:[/quote]

Crikey that was a bit complicated for 9 on Boxing Day morning. Could you explain it in English, it sounds interesting.

Seems quite funny at kindy we are to teach the kids about christmas and then when we teach them the “Santa Claus is Coming to Town” song we tell the kids they need to be good, but then I ask them on christmas day if Santa came to their house, half say yes and half say no so half think they were good and half think they must have been bad…

But anyway, my boy doesn’t go to school just like he wouldn’t if we were back at home. After 4 years of Kindy and learning about Santa, he tries to be good, wants to put the tree up and wants to leave a snack out for Santa. He was so excited that Santa really came and left him presents, even some were the presents he wished for… He went to AnChinBan class in the afternoon as I “Chose” to work in the afternoon, but I was given the option of taking the morning off. The Anchinban will help him do the HW from Chinese school. That is their job.

But my Taiwanese baby sitter tried to put the dampeners on it this year, after my boy excitedly told her what Santa bought him, she told him that Santa wasn’t real and that “your daddy” bought them all…

Also this year, though I am not religous, I have tried to tell him that Christmas was Jesus’s birthday. Not sure how he found out about Jesus here in Taiwan, but he started asking me about Jesus one day.

But I am not worried about him “being different” or “special” because he takes Christmas day off. He is different and people often let him know that and he is special, he is also a Taiwanese and also celebrates Chinese New Year. He has the best of both worlds.

Christmas sure doesn’t feel the same here as it does back at home, but why stop doing it just because we are here. They still celebrate Chinese New Year in other countries.