Yamaha Majesty

So … my wife bought me a used Yamaha Majesty with about 6500km on it. Any comments, thoughts? I didn’t drive it yet, so I can’t tell a thing how it’s driving.

Only 6500 kms? Must be pretty new.

6 months or something. Gonna take it for a spin later, need to try it out.

Pretty nice bikes. The one I test drove handled well. It was such a cruiser. Love the lounge chair feel it has.
I would have bought one, but they’re just a bit big to park anywhere and my wife was dead set against them. (WHIP)
So, I ended up getting a Kymco EGO 150cc. :smiley: And I’m glad I did!
VROOOOOOOOOOOOM

[quote=“TaiwanPsycho”]So, I ended up getting a Kymco EGO 150cc. :smiley: And I’m glad I did!
VROOOOOOOOOOOOM[/quote]Psccho -
How & where did you get the Ego?
I tried like hell to buy a new one last year.
Even the damn factory told me they were not allowed to seel them because
“thats what he ploce ride and they won’t let us sell them to the public.”
It sounded pretty lame ass to me, but I still couldn’t get one.
It is a very nice 'scooter.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”][quote=“TaiwanPsycho”]So, I ended up getting a Kymco EGO 150cc. :smiley: And I’m glad I did!
VROOOOOOOOOOOOM[/quote]Psccho -
How & where did you get the Ego?
I tried like hell to buy a new one last year.
Even the damn factory told me they were not allowed to seel them because
“thats what he ploce ride and they won’t let us sell them to the public.”
It sounded pretty lame ass to me, but I still couldn’t get one.
It is a very nice 'scooter.[/quote]

i know we had this conversation on this forum last year and u insisted that some factory rep told u the above limp-wristed answer.

go to a FRIENDLY dealer willing to get off his lazy ass and make a few calls to the factory or district service center. brand new-from-the-factory ego 150/250 are built on a ‘to order’ basis(theres just not enough interest to keep them in stock for the domestic market - 真ㄉ是冷門車). dealer may ask for a large deposit(up to 50%+) if u do decide to order one. if you find one at a kymco dealer, its probably already paid for or someone backed out of a deal.

theres an online community for ego riders(tw.club.yahoo.com/clubs/The-EGO-race). you can ask them about ego availability, they will tell you exactly the same. how do i know? i read the forums and i own an ego250 myself.

my advice, don’t buy one. parts are hard to come by, dealer service is even worse. if u are mechanically inclined and have access to the proper tools, the ego is a wonderfully built scooter, just don’t expect anyone to help u maintain it. i suggest a svmax or cygnus for their huge parts catalog and # of techs who know what they’re doing with those two scoots.

I went for a spin, and it’s actually a little getting used to because it’s not as any other scooter, it’s laid back driving.

The problem I have though is that the engine turns off when stopping for a red light after driving for a while. I guess they need to adjust the engine a little. Otherwise drives pretty good.

The EGO 250’s are also quite cool, if quite compact rider space wise scooters… they are for sale at the area dealer here in Taichung if anyone’s interested… not sure of the price, though probably too much for a little 250cc…

warning: European model pictured

Is the Majesty electronic injection?

Does it have beer can holders and TV?

the majesty? no not yet! :laughing:

[quote=“belgian pie”]I went for a spin, and it’s actually a little getting used to because it’s not as any other scooter, it’s laid back driving.

The problem I have though is that the engine turns off when stopping for a red light after driving for a while. I guess they need to adjust the engine a little. Otherwise drives pretty good.[/quote]

You probably just need to turn up the idle on the carberateur <<spelling?. You could do it yourself…if you can see the carb it should have two adjustable screws…one for idle, and one for air/fuel mixture. I find that most mechanics here set the idle too low. On all three of my smaller bikes I had to turn it up myself so they wouldn’t occasionaly stall when the rpms kick down.

The sign on the scooter says it’s “digital fuel injection”. I didn’t open anything yet so, I don’t know if it has the screws you mention.

Oh well scratch my idea of adjusting the idle then. My CBR is fuel injected, but it also has a manual idle adjuster…I wonder if the Majesty does, too?