Yamaha R6 (was: I'm in love...)

Reminds me of a site I came across where some nutter / craftperson was selling custom made Klingon War Knives. Beautifully made, but they looked designed to hurt. Guess I’m more a big pink bottom man.

Went to look at the Honda CBRR 600 yesterday, quoted price $435,000.

I’m off to the bank on Tuesday. :wink: Wish me luck.

[quote=“Bubba 2 Guns”]Went to look at the Honda CBRR 600 yesterday, quoted price $435,000.

I’m off to the bank on Tuesday. :wink: Wish me luck.[/quote]

You serious?

Serious like cancer…

Alright, well first of all it’s the CBR600RR not the CBRR600. :stuck_out_tongue:

And congratulations. The CBR was my last bike. I’m buying a “slower” bike on Tuesday…the Ninja 650R. If I had the cash I’d probably buy something more like the CBR. But I’m trying to find something cheaper…and easier to maintain.

What do you ride now Bubba? A 250?

Sorry- :blush: CBR 600 RR. I’m riding a 1986 RG 250 Suzuki 2 stroke.

Which will be for sale when I get new coils for it.

[quote=“Bubba 2 Guns”]Sorry- :blush: CBR 600 RR. I’m riding a 1986 RG 250 Suzuki 2 stroke.

Which will be for sale when I get new coils for it.[/quote]

Ahh, so that’s about the same as me. My last sports bike before the CBR was a 250 TZR two-stroke. I found the CBR handled like a cow in comparison…it’s very agile, but it can’t compare to a 250. The acceleration wasn’t a huge leap forward (I felt comfortable opening her up after a couple of days). The thing I really loved about the CBR was the sound…I loved it. Make sure you get yourself some Giannelli pipes for the CBR as soon as you can. It will improve your riding experience 100%. That’s if you enjoy the sound of F1 cars.

Oh, BTW. I noticed you said “off to the bank”.

If you’re a foreigner you can’t get a loan in your name…period. Unless you own some property here…or something like that. You can’t get a Taiwanese person to co-sign either. What you can do is get a Taiwanese person to get a lone…and you yourself become a co-signer with permission to make payment on the loan.

I’ve been through this a few times…and so has Motorbikerider, and his family is from here…and they still wouldn’t give him a loan.

The TZR is a great bike too- I found it handled better than the RG but for pure by-the-balls torque the RG had it over the TZR.

One advantage that the CBR will have over my RG is that it’s legal. :smiling_imp:

Recommend a place to buy the Giannellis? What will they set me back?$$$

I need some long distance time in the saddle before touring the states this summer, I go to Ilan every weekend and ride on the weekdays, so a bigger bike seemed the best answer. I love the RG but after a day of riding I had to keep putting my teeth back into my head from all the rattling.
A guy who is going with us on the tour is taking his CBR-he swears by them and have read good reviews from YOU as well, after seeing friend with 900s/1100s here on the island and regretting getting such big bikes, I figured there wasn’t enough rode here for a larger bike. 600 seems okay and I like Honda-always been good bikes for me. I had a Ninja 600 way back in the day and still miss that bike. They couldn’t compare to the CBRs or other 600s today.

Heard rumour that the cut off point for big bikes to use the Expressways in Taiwan will be 600cc? Can’t confirm but I heard they are going to issue red licence plates for those bigger bikes. Funny-the CBR wouldn’t qualify but a huge milk truck lawn chair with wheels BMW would.

I suggest velcro hooks up the “bum cleavage”, with matching looped material on the groin of your…err…riding gear. Then when you’re…er…thrust forward by impact deceleration, you mate with the airbag rather than promiscuously with handlebars, tank, gravel truck etc.

[quote=“Bubba 2 Guns”]The TZR is a great bike too- I found it handled better than the RG but for pure by-the-balls torque the RG had it over the TZR.

One advantage that the CBR will have over my RG is that it’s legal. :smiling_imp:

Recommend a place to buy the Giannellis? What will they set me back?$$$

I need some long distance time in the saddle before touring the states this summer, I go to Yilan every weekend and ride on the weekdays, so a bigger bike seemed the best answer. I love the RG but after a day of riding I had to keep putting my teeth back into my head from all the rattling.
A guy who is going with us on the tour is taking his CBR-he swears by them and have read good reviews from YOU as well, after seeing friend with 900s/1100s here on the island and regretting getting such big bikes, I figured there wasn’t enough rode here for a larger bike. 600 seems okay and I like Honda-always been good bikes for me. I had a Ninja 600 way back in the day and still miss that bike. They couldn’t compare to the CBRs or other 600s today.

Heard rumour that the cut off point for big bikes to use the Expressways in Taiwan will be 600cc? Can’t confirm but I heard they are going to issue red licence plates for those bigger bikes. Funny-the CBR wouldn’t qualify but a huge milk truck lawn chair with wheels BMW would.[/quote]

I heard 400s won’t count for expressways, too. The CBR is 599cc…hadn’t thought about that.

You don’t like the Ninja650R? It’s 650cc has the same amount of torque as the CBR…and costs about 130k less (and has about 40 less horses, but those are mainly top speed horses).

Another thing you might do to give the CBR a bit more useable torque is to change the sprocket. My bike was one down in front…but from the reading I’ve done recently I’d suggest going two up in back. 1 down in front is equal to 3 up in back…so not as drastic a change…plus going up in the back is supposed to be easier on the engine…and the chain.