Yet another bomb - KFC in Karachi

Bombs continue to go off with depressing regularity.

We’ve got an “Earthquake 2005” thread, perhaps we should have a catch-all “Bombings 2005” thread too. :frowning:

[quote=“BBC”]Explosion at Karachi restaurant
A powerful explosion has hit a fast food restaurant in the southern Pakistan city of Karachi - with reports of several killed.

Police said the blast struck the front of the KFC fast-food outlet and burned several vehicles on the street.

At least six people are reported to have died and 12 others were wounded, according to rescue workers.

The explosion occurred as morning commuters were heading to offices and shops in Pakistan’s largest city.

The city has been the scene of several bomb attacks blamed on Islamic extremists opposed to the government and Western interests in the region.

In September, several people were wounded when a KFC and a MacDonald’s restaurant were bombed.

In May, six people were killed when protesters set fire to a KFC outlet in the city. [/quote]

The regularity is depressing.

What is it with KFC? Is P.E.T.A. behind the bombings?

I’m sure it’s just some local “youths”

Maybe they are just worried about Bird Flu…? :wink:

“Youths” - n. Gangs of men in their 20’s or 30’s who are disgruntled about something and usually heavily armed.

You mean those guys?

Actually, my P.E.T.A. comments was a dumb joke. They are the only ones that I know of who are pissed off at KFC.

“Youths” - n. Gangs of men in their 20’s or 30’s who are disgruntled about something and usually heavily armed.

You mean those guys?
.[/quote]

you forgot
Muslim
shhhhh

Maybe the bombers are anti-cricket. After all the sport is heavily tied up in politics in that part of the world.

timesonline.co.uk/article/0, … 16,00.html

[quote]Karachi bomb explodes opposite England team hotel
By Sam Knight and agencies

A powerful car bomb exploded in Karachi this morning, killing two people in a KFC restaurant across the road from the hotel where the England cricket team are scheduled to stay next month[/quote]

Crazy how we are so used to this that we go directly into the jokes.

:frowning: