Yet another mass shooting in the US

Pretty amazing he’s saying criminals aren’t getting guns legally when the two mass shootings this week used guns purchased legally, in the last week.

Also the max of 30 days is what’s proposed (just to be clear). the nics check is approved pretty much instantly (usually 30s or so), but if the fbi comes back and needs to look at something further, they currently have THREE business days. If there’s no denial, or no response by the end of those 3 days, the sale can go through.

I actually think in his head he’s not registering that mass murderers are criminals, because they are __________? :brain:

1 Like

There’s probably going to be a spate of shootings in the next few weeks. The nutjobs see one in the media and it sets them off.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s why shooters’ names shouldn’t be published just like we don’t publish minors’ names. Too much notoriety and sick copycats.

6 Likes
  1. So crazy bought a gun and goes on a spree
  2. Thoughts and prayers
  3. This isn’t the time to talk about regulations
  4. Feed the killer for 25 years with free housing
  5. Gun reduction and control isn’t to be thought about
  6. Repeat step 1
1 Like

I do not think that works though. The Daily Mail published his name and religion plus copy cats will find out who he is anyway. Especially when it gets to court. It might help a bit but not much.
So far the Mail published his name, says he is muslim, came to the states at an early age from a muslim country, was obsessed with weapons and may have been rejected from a job.at that store.
oh and plus it says he was “chubby”

The fat shaming is really the icing on the cake. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

What?

My username is the name of my first horse. :racehorse:

1 Like

What’s the bet on the next time this thread is in use? I say three months.
Thoughts and prayers.

2 Likes

We’ve got an optimist here. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

A week or so.

Mass shooting, within a week. Mass killing, kind of a crapshoot.

If it involves illegal guns, who cares?

I can’t see where it says the guns were illegal. Is it because it’s Chicago?

I am going on probability. I would hedge a bet that all those who used hand guns in that article used illegal guns. Like the photo of those involved in mass shootings in 2019, I posted yesterday, most were probably illegal firearms.
If people want rid of guns in the US, the illegal ones should be the target first and foremost.

Assumption wise that’s a bit dodgy.

1 Like

The chances of this not being gang related are pretty slim. And what respectable gangbanger would use a legal gun to commit a crime? They may be violent, but they’re not stupid.

1 Like

I don’t have much of an issue either way, but it’s not necessarily accurate with the information currently available.

I’m cool with guessing.

Yeah…you shouldn’t. Guns can be legal and used by people who shouldn’t have them. The whoopsie doodle defense.

1 Like

Illegal ones generally start as legal ones, so…