Yet another mass shooting in the US

I have an idea. How about the occupant at 1600 use his magic pen, bypass the legislative process completely, and authorize nationwide “stand your ground” where all you need to do is “feel threatened” and at the same time he can issue a permitless conceal/carry order for all citizens, and remove federal and state restrictions on where a weapon of any sort can be carried. That is the ultimate goal, isn’t it?
Instead of policy wonks debating gun control that will never happen, and waiting for state and local firearm regulations to die in the courts, just go all out with the stroke of a pen.

But then he is the shooter! :astonished:

Mind blown.

1 Like

Glad to be of service. :grin:

But, what we need is more security!

God I was reading about this this morning. So sad. So much for the whole “good guy with a gun” crap.

1 Like

One of the “stand your ground” cases I remember the most is the Japanese guy who got killed because he walked on a mistaken house for a party…on Halloween.

Fear is the greatest killer. You fear people taking your stuff away, you fear the government taking your freedom away, so you think guns are the solution. Everyone gets bigger guns, more guns, and has the right to shoot at will to anyone different. Then your biggest fear becomes real.

If he’s trespassing onto a persons property, it’s not stand your ground.

I think they’re very legitimate laws. Why can’t I defend myself with deadly force if need be against real threats? In Italy some guy went to jail recently that I heard people talk about for shooting a robber in the house. Its actually a big issue in Italy. My girls houses have been robbed so many times, their silver and gold are all taken. Once they tried to rob us when I was in the house. This wasn’t the case before huge numbers of migrants were let in.

The problem is how to legally define a real/perceived threat and reasonable force after deadly force has been enacted.

1 Like

It’s true, but I rather have the legal right in defending myself, my house, my family, when there is even a ounce of the possibility of someone doing harm. Especially on my property.

Its literally BS I can not defend myself when people broke in to our house in Italy. There’s like 5 police officers in town. I don’t know their intentions. This has been a huge issue with migrants, they used to be able to leave the door unlocked in the country side.

I understand. A mate of mine who moved to Germany is having terrible trouble.

The problem is if any intruder can be killed by a homeowner then how do we deal with domestics? Say I come home late and my wife shoots me dead claiming I was an intruder. That could be murder, couldn’t it?

Note to self: lock the gun locker.

Depends on the law. It would obviously get some red flags like why wouldn’t the wife know her husband is coming late. And I believe you need to tell the intruder to leave in some places or see the intruder has an intent to harm like having a gun themselves. An investigation would follow like all cases.

This is pretty much the law in most countries now.

U.S. DEA two weeks ago on website said 72,000 people died from drug overdoses in 2017, about 200 per day, or four times the number in 1999 and up 15% from 2016.

In 2017, 40,000 died in traffic accidents,
15-17,000 were fatally shot.

It’s all relative.

True.

It’s also true that the mere fact that drug overdoses happen X times often than shootings doesn’t necessarily mean you should be X times more worried – in terms of your own personal safety – about drugs than about guns. If you don’t do drugs, what are the odds of some psychopath or careless person intentionally or accidentally giving you an overdose?

Drugs vs. guns is a bit like drinking vs. smoking. Both can cause harm to other people than just the user, but they cause harm in different ways, and different avoidance and mitigation strategies are called for.

1 Like

True, dat, too.
Most people live lives thinking they’ll die peacefully in their sleep after 95 years old.
Death is never that simple and easy for most of us. Getting cancer at any age, children included, sucks just as bad.

It’s not really the fear of someone randomly giving you free drugs injecting you. Many people would probably know someone close to them that became addicted at this point. Heroin is so cheap and potent. And it’s flooding the streets like I’ve never seen back in 2014 in my last year of school. In 2010 in a college town, almost no heroin. Plenty of party drugs and weed sure. Most opiates were prescription. 2014 heroin is everywhere in college.

https://www.google.com.tw/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/world/knife-crime-epidemic-sweeping-across-the-uk-sees-no-end-in-sight.amp

39,000+ knifings. That’s a lot. When will knife registration begin in UK?

Add acid attacks to the list, moped gangs robbing people, rapes. I’ve not heard good things about London lately.

fear not, the brit police is working hard against this kind of violent act:

will criminals ever recover?

Easy answer, when it only takes the index finger to kill a great number of people with a knife. You know, the knife technology hasn’t been developed for quite some time.
Actually, it’s a shame!