Yingwen Pinyin

Why don’t we just come up with our own system, using combinations of words that are easily recognized by English speakers? Here’s five:

Tie Pay
Matt Sue
Gee Lung
Bay Toe
Tee An Moo

It’s really not that hard when you put your mind to it. I came up with the above examples in about three minutes, magnitudes faster than the so-called “experts”, who take years or even decades to develop a system.

Shin Chew
Sue Ow!
Yeah Lee Oh

Poo Lee

Hmm, it’s getting harder and harder. Perhaps there are limitations to my system, after all.

So it’s you who does the writing on the side of long distance busses ! :shock:

cow on a golf course?
or how about Tea 'n Moo (tea and milk)

Nay! Who?

Tamy Shooey?

[quote=“Tye Phoodza”][quote=“HakkaSonic”]
Tee An Moo
[/quote]
cow on a golf course?
or how about Tea 'n Moo (tea and milk)

Nay! Who?[/quote]

I like it, Tye, and best of all it’s easy to remember.

Jean Men
Ooh Lie
Yay Leo

I hope noone in the Ministry of Funny Romanizations is reading this…

“According to our research, most foreigners want it spelt “Tea 'n Moo”, I saw them say it on the interweb”

[quote=“matthewh”]I hope noone in the Ministry of Funny Romanizations is reading this…

“According to our research, most foreigners want it spelt “Tea 'n Moo”, I saw them say it on the interweb”[/quote]

At least it would be a step up from their current research methods…

Methinks it should be called Pinyinglish.

Here’s an interesting example of it.

A shop called 优思麥 (pinyin: yousimai) has a sign that says Usemind. Believe it or not it’s a bakery. I think there are some other examples where people translate the Chinese into some weird, but similar sounding English.

If you apply it to Chinese languages generally you can come up with things like:
knee how (你好)
or in Cantonese
sick fan (吃飯)

[quote=“wix”]A shop called ɬ