Yo! Obama

Yo! Obama, you’re the man.

Shadowman’s askin’ ya’ll to keep it real in d’palace.

Those other dudes, they fucked up.

I ain’t askin’ ya’s all to pull no rabbit outa your ass.

Just don’t go gettin’ all evil on us.

We’s all got the power now.

Later, my man.

:slight_smile: Jolly good show old chap, um, I mean, keeping it street credentials my hip hopper home doggie.

I feel the winds of change a blowing. I’m off to get myself a glass of milk. :sunglasses:

Thanks AJ.

It must be a tough crowd out there today.

No, no, we’re just too nervous to make a comment. You did notice Mr Shadow is, well, emitting every colour in the rainbow?

HG

[quote]No, no, we’re just too nervous to make a comment. You did notice Mr Shadow is, well, emitting every colour in the rainbow?

HG[/quote]

That’s my clever use of background.

very cool, Fox.

and the camera is well hidden too!

The borg approves.

Why is the shadow show done over a sewer gutter?

don’t you go dissin’ Fox’s lair.

thats where we know to find you…

Where Necessity Meets Courage

[quote=“Fox”]Where Necessity Meets Courage
[/quote]

The best quote from the speach!

There is a whole thread dedicated to people saying: “It’ll be no different.”

However, in my humble opinion words count. I for one want to be inspired. I also think given the tremendous level of fear mongering in the last 8 years it is having an effect on the psychology of kids. It has bread a kind of hopeless, live for the day, hedonistic malaise. That might be great if you’re into siphoning money off the masses but for the masses it leaves them reeking of desperation, angry and uncivil.

But were you inspired? I’d love to be too (not by a US pres, but someone closer to home) more often. The last person who inspired me was my boss’s boss, explaining why she loved her job. I’m not anti-inspiration!

If you can’t find the words of Obama inspirational then God help us all.

The last equally inspirational speech in my recollection was Al Gore’s concession speech. Personally, I’m glad Obama made an appeal to the gut to personal responsibility. When I was a kid they talked about the disaffected youth, but from my experience that rift has never been bridged. It has led to an inter generational mindset that life owes us something, though the truth is we owe everything to life and our shared heritage, what ever that might be. Being a person has little or no meaning without that fundamental understanding for me. What strikes me as most intriguing is it is the younger generation telling the older generation to pull their socks up.

The Baby Boomer generation has been the most self indulgent, greedy bunch of bludgers in human history. Move on over.

[quote=“Fox”]If you can’t find the words of Obama inspirational then God help us all.
[/quote]

I dunno, just not my culture/discourse, I suppose. I didn’t watch it all. Politics and ‘leaders’ don’t inspire me. Ever watched ‘Braveheart’ with a room full of Scots? They just piss themselves laughing at the Hollywood ‘speeches’.

I’m sorry, I don’t mean to be insulting: mine were just personal impressions. He seems like a good guy and will probably take many positive steps.

Now the important question: WHAT was she wearing?

Her out fit for the ball was designed by a Taiwanese, Jason Wu.

A little off topic, but has there ever been a political speech that did inspire you? When/what/who? I’m interested.

Her out fit for the ball was designed by a Taiwanese, Jason Wu.[/quote]

Cool!

Here’s a little about the speechwriter.

Have no interest in his speech but I would say it was full of Soundbytes and rhetoric that is hot air.

He’s a US president ffs.

He will drop bombs on children…