You and Forumosa

Which best describes your reading/posting frequency on Forumosa?

• Forumosa Fling (just dropped in; or <= once/month)
  • Forumosa Flirt (2-3 times/month)
  • Forumosa Friend (about once a week)
  • Forumosa Fiend (2-3 times/week)
  • Forumosa Fixated (4-6 times/week)
  • Forumosa Fanatic (once a day)
  • Forumosa Fetishist (>once a day)

0 voters

I’ve been curious about this for a while, so… how often do you do it? This service is confidential and anonymous - however, no counselling is available :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Ooh - great post. :notworthy: I’m going to make it sticky… :slight_smile:

0 Likes

It may take a while for the flingers to vote, and thus, the results of your poll will be slow in coming in.

0 Likes

A safe assumption is that nearly everybody will be in the forumosa fetichist category… Nearly all the regulars are on at least daily.

0 Likes

I agree with He-man there. I reckon the categories would be better as:
Once a week or less
Several times a week
Once/Twice a day
Three/Four times a day
Five times a day or over

Or something similar.

0 Likes

My daily routine.

9:00am Arrive at work
9:02am Get a coffee
9:05am Log onto Forumosa (if I bothered to log off the day before)
9:06am Browse recent posts
9:20am Check email
9:21am Delete 100+ spam emails :spam:
9:25am Open whatever applications I need for work that day
9:30am Do some work

At periodic intervals during the day check Forumosa for any new morsels. Interleave this with some time on MSN and perhaps some real work and there you go.

Familiar? Its quite sad really :frowning:

0 Likes

I’m getting better. Soon I’ll forget how to touch type f-o-r-u-m-o-s-a-.-c-o-m.

Now if people not post such interesting topics that compel me to respond.

You see I don’t really have a problem. I’m just being polite, you see. I can stop anytime I want to, you see. Ctrl + Alt + Delete.

I can step away for the keyboard anytime.

I’m in CONTROL.

Oh I found another interesting thread…

0 Likes

[quote=“Tetsuo”]I agree with He-man there. I reckon the categories would be better as:
Once a week or less
Several times a week
Once/Twice a day
Three/Four times a day
Five times a day or over

Or something similar.[/quote]

Well, tough :stuck_out_tongue: I just wanted to get an idea of how many ‘regulars’ there were (since there are 3000+ registered users), as opposed to occasional users - as Tigerman says, that’ll take longer to find out, assuming less frequent users bother to vote at all. Once a day might be considered part of a routine, but by the time you’re at the stage of checking more than once a day, I consider you a ‘social user’ - well and truly hooked :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Remember, guests can’t vote. That may slightly effect the results :wink:.

0 Likes

Yea well I took a bit of a dip in my daily average since coming back home. But I still manage to pop in every day for at least a few minutes.

0 Likes

Daasgrrl,

Might I propose that you revise “fetishist” to read instead “junkie”?

I know that you were going for the alliteration, which I like.

However, Forumosa is not in any way involved with nor necessary for my sex life. I’m sure you and everyone else is relieved to know that, too. :slight_smile:

0 Likes

[quote=“Tigerman”]Might I propose that you revise “fetishist” to read instead “junkie”?

I know that you were going for the alliteration, which I like.

However, Forumosa is not in any way involved with nor necessary for my sex life. I’m sure you and everyone else is relieved to know that, too. :slight_smile:[/quote]

Merriam-Webster says:

Main Entry: fe

0 Likes

[quote=“daasgrrl”]
Merriam-Webster says:

Main Entry: fe

0 Likes

I’m using definition (3)

0 Likes

I only log in 4-6 times a week as I spend a few days offline trying to cobble my work together. When I log in, however, it tends to be for hours…perhaps a more accurate poll might be “How many hours a day are you active on forumosa?” My answer may be a little scary.

0 Likes

I don’t post anymore.

I don’t even look.

Or peek.

Not even a little bit.

I’ve weened myself off.

OK, one more post and that’s it.

0 Likes

I actually do think whether you’re a ‘regular’ probably depends more on total hours per week, BUT I think that’s a much more difficult figure for most people to estimate, especially if you’re asking for an average. Whereas most people know roughly how many days/week they’re on. I would have no idea about time personally - I read Forumosa in such fragmented bursts during the day that sometimes I don’t even finish reading a post before I have to run off. Some days it’s a lot of time, some days it’s very little.

I thought that was sandman…

0 Likes

I’ll stop using forumosa when they prise the keyboard from my cold dead fingers. Yessireee!

Only when I’m dead will I get a life.

0 Likes

Something that is perhaps more significant than the amount of time I actually spend here, is the amount of time I spend thinking about this place. I’m O.K. until I get into an argument with someone but when that happens I will absolutely fixate on considering all sides of an argument before replying. Unfortunately that doesn’t always mean that I reply when I am at my best. If you were witness to the spat between mwalimu and myself in the “how long is your wang” thread then perhaps you know what I mean. I was so eager to respond to his remarks that I submitted my post in a virtual migraine haze. That’s evidence of a certain obsessivness on my part I admit.

0 Likes

I like Forumosa because it’s a comforting place. I also like the helpful information I have received and I have learned so much from some of the posters on this site. The helpful posters, not the other kind.

I think Forumosa has helped a lot of newbies and I’m glad I found this site.

Thank you Forumosa. :notworthy:

0 Likes