You and Your Ignore Button

How many posters have you slapped with the "Ignore" button?

• None, and I never will.
  • None, but I might.
  • One
  • Two
  • Three
  • Four
  • Five
  • More than five
  • Jaboney is on your IGNORE list.

0 voters

Just curious, who actually uses that thing and how often?
–How many people are you currently ignoring?–-ed.

I’m in the wondering where the ignore button has gone but bet it is back tomorrow category. Out of interest I’d be interested if we can still read a poll by people on our ignore list.

BTW, Jaboney, the option of putting you on ignore(if we could find the button) has gone until your name stops appearing in green characters.

I like someone’s idea of showing who the top ignored posters are on this site :smiley:. I’m sure there are a few surprises in there.

Are we talking all-time total or current total?

Let’s say currently ignoring.
Dammit, I’m an English teacher, you’d think I could get the tenses clear. :unamused:

I don’t use the ignore function and probably never will, so I am not ignoring anyone with that button currently.
If there is some annoying poster I trust that he will be dealt with sooner or later, until then I may just skip over the posts.

I had one person on ignore for a couple of months. Then I changed my mind. I thought I’d give this person another chance.

I think a button marked “Send electric shock to -----'s computer” would be more useful, certainly more fun.

Never used the ignore button. Considered it once with “satan” I think his name was, posted crap for a few days and disappeared, thankfully.

L :smiley:

Eye Oney Uz it 4 won dood.

[quote=“Richardm”]Eye Oney Uz it 4 won dood.[/quote]Hmm, Iz wunderz huz dat kud beez ??

I’m at 4, but I think two of them have been banned or left.

Exactly Richard, wtf was that geezer on about anyway? I can’t decipher your message let alone his.

(Interesting side note (maybe :noway: ) My mother sends me text messages like this. I have to call her to say “What are you on about?”)

LOL, let’s just say there’s more than one response in this thread that I can’t see! :sunglasses:

You ignored 914? How could you? :wink:

Nope, not her (wouldn’t if I could). That’s not to say there isn’t someone on the staff I wouldn’t ignore given the chance. :wink:

I ignored 2 posters in the past.

However, I have decided not to do it again, as even the most weird person ought to be read once in a while.

I have used the ignore button once. It allows you to stay in a thread
even when a particular user is peeing you off. In general, though, I don’t use it. I currently have no one on my list. I can understand why people would, though. It can make your time here more pleasurable to simply ignore people who rub you the wrong way.

There’s a poster who spells like that all the time, and a number of posters who find that very irritating have presumably just put him on ignore lists.

I happily ignore anyone who regularly sends my blood pressure too high. For my physical health :smiley: . This includes anyone I feel is trolling, and anyone who has been particularly rude. My current list is at 4. A couple moderators have, I feel, been particularly rude to me, on one occasion each, and if I had had the chance to add them to my ignore list I might have, but I couldn’t, and I can say they’ve turned out to be pretty decent folk overall. If they weren’t, they probably wouldn’t still be moderators, right?

Personally, I rather like the idea of having the ignore info made public. When newbees join, and encounter what appears to be a troll, they can have a look to see whether there’s any consensus on that, which might help them decide whether they too should ignore the idiot.

[quote=“Dragonbones”]

Personally, I rather like the idea of having the ignore info made public. When newbees join, and encounter what appears to be a troll, they can have a look to see whether there’s any consensus on that, which might help them decide whether they too should ignore the idiot.[/quote]

Good point. This would help people avoid getting riled up by people who have a history of starting trouble. :bravo:

I don’t know about public ignore lists. Ignoring is a personal decision. Presumably, the people being ignored aren’t breaking rules, or at least they shouldn’t be, otherwise they’d find themselves getting warned or banned. That someone ignores you only indicates that they don’t get on well with you, or don’t appreciate your style, on the boards. Showing who is on ignore lists could potentially be embarrassing to a user who, maybe, hasn’t done anything wrong. Perhaps some kind of ignore stats could be compiled by admin. If someone is ignored a lot, mods could be directed to pay close attention to this user. I think each person joining the site will quickly decide on their own who to ignore, though.

I agree with Toasty that public ignore lists are not a good idea, but that ignore stats could be viewed by administrators for their own use.