You can't kill a good conspiracy theory

but you can make the conspiracy theorists look like goofballs.

here is a VERY comprehensive debunking of all the major 9/11 conspiracy theories by popular mechanics magazine:

popularmechanics.com/science … tml?page=1

pretty impressive collection of facts and expert opinions.

of course a huge number of europeans(and some of our own forumosa posters) will still believe that the 9/11 attacks were planned and carried out by the cia. :stuck_out_tongue:

I was afraid this might happen.

It looks like They have gotten to the editors of Popular Mechanics. Probably threatened to kidnap or kill the families of the editors unless the magazine agreed to publish Their cover-up stories… :saywhat:

[quote=“Flipper”]but you can make the conspiracy theorists look like goofballs.

here is a VERY comprehensive debunking of all the major 9/11 conspiracy theories by popular mechanics magazine:

popularmechanics.com/science … tml?page=1

pretty impressive collection of facts and expert opinions.

of course a huge number of Europeans(and some of our own forumosa posters) will still believe that the 9/11 attacks were planned and carried out by the cia. :p[/quote]

Very interesting link. Now go to the same issue and look up the story about the Bush administration’s plan to require mandatory biometric ID cards:

popularmechanics.com/blog/te … 65497.html

That’s not a conspiracy theory. It’s a conspiracy fact.

When the Clinton administration proposed a national ID card, the Republicans howled.

Do I detect some hypocrisy here?

Sorry if this is going off-topic, but you suggested the link.

[quote=“Dog’s_Breakfast”]When the Clinton administration proposed a national ID card, the Republicans howled.

Do I detect some hypocrisy here?[/quote]

I don’t have a strong opinion on the national ID card issue either way (some posters here have made decent points on both sides in another thread as I recall). But as for the hypocrisy question, I think it’s possible that events that occurred after the Clinton presidency may have affected some people’s views on the subject. I imagine Republicans would have howled if Clinton had proposed fingerprinting at customs, or creating a Dept. of Homeland Security too. Perhaps that would have just been because the Republicans just didn’t like Clinton… But perhaps there was inded some event that changed some opinions on issues like this. :idunno:

two buildings were hit at the world trade center by airplanes. how many collapsed?

In 911 years I could not imagine what event might have changed some opinions…

In 911 years I could not imagine what event might have changed some opinions…[/quote]

:laughing: heh

Yeah it’s puzzler. I think skeptic yank may have been trying to give us a clue in his post… but it’s a tough nut to crack. :ponder:

Oh well. Be sure to get back to us if you solve the riddle, T.

[quote=“Flipper”]but you can make the conspiracy theorists look like goofballs.
[/quote]

The biggest “goofballs” are the sheep who believe the official line and never question what the government tells them, or are even critical of them - a government that does not serve the interests of the people.

The biggest 9/11 conspiracy theory is that some man in a cave carried out the attacks and the said man isn’t even wanted by the FBI for it. Take a look at the 10 most wanted list.

The best study on 9/11 I have seen is by Mike Rupert (who also exposed the CIA as drug dealers). You can download a lecture by him if you search on a p2p - “the truth and lies of 9/11”).

His website: copvcia.com/

[quote=“cake”]
The biggest 9/11 conspiracy theory is that some man in a cave carried out the attacks and the said man isn’t even wanted by the FBI for it. Take a look at the 10 most wanted list.[/quote]

Kook, what are you babbling about? Forget to take your Thorazine this morning?

fbi.gov/mostwant/terrorists/fugitives.htm
fbi.gov/mostwant/terrorists/terubl.htm

[quote=“Comrade Stalin”][quote=“cake”]
The biggest 9/11 conspiracy theory is that some man in a cave carried out the attacks and the said man isn’t even wanted by the FBI for it. Take a look at the 10 most wanted list.[/quote]

Kook, what are you babbling about? Forget to take your Thorazine this morning?

fbi.gov/mostwant/terrorists/fugitives.htm
fbi.gov/mostwant/terrorists/terubl.htm[/quote]

How naive you are, Comrade S. It seems fairly obvious that the FBI just added OBL to their website in the last 10 minutes. (After seeing that Cake had blown the whistle on their cover-up scam.)

[quote=“Hobbes”]
How naive you are, Comrade S. It seems fairly obvious that the FBI just added OBL to their website in the last 10 minutes. (After seeing that Cake had blown the whistle on their cover-up scam.)[/quote]

And the FBI took MY photo down! :fume: I guess I’ll have to work on being even MORE evil. I just got a new high-powered [color=red]laser[/color]…when is the Shuttle going up?

[color=red]

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
[/color]

yeah as I said OBL is not wanted by the FBI for 9/11

thank you for proving my point, cake. :slight_smile:

There’s no difference between being a gullible sheep who questions nothing and a gullible wacko who trusts nothing. And there’s a world of difference between intelligent, reasoned questioning and OMFG THEY’RE OUT TO GET US TRUST NO-ONE OMFG conspiracy theorising.

Well I suggest the Mike Rupert documentary. There is no wackyness there.
He doesn’t talk about theories either. He uses facts.

[quote=“flipper”]
thank you for proving my point, cake.[/quote]

All I was doing was quoting the FBI website. If you care to look at it he isn’t wanted for 9/11.

Which proves what? What’s your point?

The only point Cake has Tetsuo is the one that his mom told him NOT to point at his other good eye. That is also why his friends have nicknamed him the dull end of the stick I guess.

While I think it’s pretty well established that the CIA and Mossad (or Martians) did not blow up the World Trade Center, there is still some doubt about whether or not the Bush administration ignored the “flashing red light”:

workingforchange.com/article … emid=18557

I don’t really know the answer myself. But things like the Patriot Act (which is hundreds of pages long but produced overnight) do not give me a warm cuddly feeling.

cheers,
DB

the implication is that OBL is the man wanted for 9/11 but why don’t the FBI mention this attack on his wanted page?

With all the devil talk the US and others use with OBL, one would think he would be wanted for 9/11.

Or is it assumed that OBL is guilty of everything from 9/11 to the Tsunami?

Fred smith and other neo-cons would like to think so.

Ouch and there goes the other eye! What are you auditioning for Orestes?