"You don't give me enough credit" in Chinese

Sorry, bad title. :stuck_out_tongue: [color=#008000](bad title removed by the Grinch)[/color]

I need help to say: “You don’t give me enough credit.” in Chinese.

Ni3 tai4 qiao2 bu4 qi3 wo3 le1 sounds too negative, imo. (Loose translation sounds to me like “You’re looking down on me.”)

How about: Ni3 tai4 xiao3 kan4 wo3 le1. (Lit. “You too small look me.”)

Oh, and hopefully I can get an answer in the next half hour.

3Q2U!

Easy peasy lemon squeezy:
“Aiyo! Wo yao PLATINUM! Ni shi goddamn CHEAPSKATE.”

[quote=“914”]Sorry, bad title. :stuck_out_tongue: [color=#008000](bad title removed by the Grinch)[/color]

I need help to say: “You don’t give me enough credit.” in Chinese.

Ni3 tai4 qiao2 bu4 qi3 wo3 le1 sounds too negative, imo. (Loose translation sounds to me like “You’re looking down on me.”)

How about: Ni3 tai4 xiao3 kan4 wo3 le1. (Lit. “You too small look me.”)

Oh, and hopefully I can get an answer in the next half hour.

3Q2U![/quote]

I usually use “Bu yao xiao kan wo.” Similar to your second option.

But if you’re using that on a typical mom, I’d say it’ll go over as well as a lead balloon.

[quote=“sandman”]Easy peasy lemon squeezy:
“Aiyo! Wo yao PLATINUM! Ni shi goddamn CHEAPSKATE.”[/quote]
Ahem. It’s all about the BLACK card now, baby!

:astonished:

Thanks for the confirmation. It’s a tough one to translate without sounding too negative.

And, oh my sky, however did you know?

Glad you fixed the title, Grinch! :bow:

I knew because I am deeply in love with a mom who is probably not much different from your mom. They really don’t mean it, but you knew that already. Amy Tan has it figured out pretty well I’d say.

The right thing to say is: “Thank you for helping me see my weaknesses and supporting me in my quest to be a better person.” In Chinese, something like “Mama, ni jen de hen liao jie wo. Wo hui geng nuli.”

isn’t “xiao kan wo” more like “underestimate”? I was thinking something along the lines of “bugou chengren wo de gongxian,” can’t quite “hear” it ideomatically though?

How about “Ni meiyou gei wo yingde de kending” 你沒有給我贏得的肯定 (You don’t give me the affirmation I deserve)?

:idunno: