You have a message

I absolutely agree. tapping away at my quite little office listening to streaming radio then some electronic yank voice is bellowing in my ear. Damned near shat myself. Sounds eerily like my boss.

Kill it. NOW!

HG

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: (breathe) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Or maybe I thought it was one of them Pillocks of Fascism (like my boss)creeping up behind me. A counter reds under the bed tactic :wink:

Really, with a set of headphones on that was quite a bloody suprise!

I’m breathing, I’m a breeeeaaaathinnnnng! Aaaaaagh. Better.

HG

If it were more nasal, it’d sound like Fred Smith! :wink:

I have extremely strong feelings about this: It is an atrocity. Kill it.

Especially now that the new message indicator catches the eye through movement (which I think is a nice touch). There’s really no need for this intrusion, especially when it interferes with my listening pleasure.

Never heard of the voice cuz I don’t get messages… :cry:

Before you get flooded. I’ve just sent you one.

What ya think?

HG

Yeah… I got a PM!!

Well, the voice is pretty funny, a bit sexy!! So who’s behide the voice???

I couldn’t hear it the 1st time because I have my CD playing, which is lounder than the voice… oops!! :wink:

Annoying?? Not really…but I would be better if it is recorded by a sexy girl…

Guess what just happened??

The You have 1 new message said something else to me…
it says… BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH…

Well, I guess I am now!!! :smiling_imp:

[quote=“MiakaW”]The You have 1 new message said [color=red]something else to me…[/color]
it says… BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH…[/quote]
What do you mean? I just checked (forumosa.com/mp3), it’s still the same .WAV file (male voice saying “You have a message”)

[quote=“Alien”][quote=“wolf_reinhold”]???
I keep the sound off unless I am looking at something I need with sound.[/quote]

Who cares what you do, grandpa? Why should I turn my sound off just to avoid dumb shit? I like the sound of my harp strings and beeps when I save and open programs. Makes me feel accomplished.

But that electronic MALE voice! :smiling_imp: I would call that discrimination. It should be a female voice with a lisp![/quote]

how about a pleasant ambiguous voice(bu nan, bu nu) with a really heavy lisp…?

[quote=“mungacious”]how about a pleasant ambiguous voice(bu nan, bu nu) with a really heavy lisp…?[/quote]Well, I could do it, but how much would you pay me ?

Please help me test this: I’ve added a toggle switch in your Profile page so you can choose whether to receive a message or not

lmk if his is ok

i don’t see any toggle in my profile setting…

ax

[quote=“ax”]I don’t see any toggle in my profile setting…

ax[/quote]I can see it in mine, it’s the 8th option down in the preferences section, there are a lot of options there :stuck_out_tongue:

no sound is best, as alleycash said. we are in our offices, some of us. boss get mad. bothers coworkers. i vote no sound. we can see it. we aint dumb. sure it’s cool but it is also intrusive. enuf of this sound shite. EFF

Switched if off on the profile, so “problem solved” …

Love the new voices, very sexy and all. Who is behind it?! :wink: