You know you've been in Taiwan too long when

-) You only go to Carnegies because you realise how much of a sleaze pit it really is but find it terribly amusing
-)You dont need to show your Carnage members card to get discounts anymore

=) You’ve worked out how to drink the free tea while you have a haircut.

you forget how to say the word for the place where a lot of cars can park and the word for the part of the car in front of the front passenger seat which can open and where you can put small stuff.

you know you’ve been away from taiwan for too long when you like to read the posts on forumosa and the last time you were in taiwan was 10 years ago. :s

You like to park scooters or other vehicles in front of a doorway or places where there are pedestrian traffic…

You drive scooters on sidewalks, often at high speeds.

You get mad when a cop writes you a ticket for such offense…

You say “Let’s wen4” instead of “let’s ask”. Don’t know where that came from today, but there it is… :blush: :laughing:

When the little girl from your first kindergarten class is now your Chinese co-teacher.

[quote=“v”]you forget how to say the word for the place where a lot of cars can park and the word for the part of the car in front of the front passenger seat which can open and where you can put small stuff.[/quote] :laughing:

Another one: When you forget what the proper words for things are and start saying things like “gas station” and “elevator”! :wink: (It’s happened to me and I only noticed when my mum was here and asked why I didn’t say “petrol station”).

how about these ideas then? (they havent happened here, but in previous countries)

appendix: (all of these are things that happen like BAM! I forget…)
i. you wonder why when your family visits they dont speak much… BAM! you realise they cant understand the language everyone else is speaking

ii.you wonder why you stick out in photos/on the street …BAM! youre a totally different colour

iii. people ask you what its like dating a local… BAM! I thought we were from the same country

iv. you come home and wonder why your SO queues in another line… BAM! she (or you) go through ‘national channel’ and the other waits

or…
you quit comparing things to home,

When the little girl from your first kindergarten class is now your Taiwanese wife.

When the little girl from your first kindergarten class is now your Taiwanese wife.[/quote]

seriously?? good grief !!!

…when you spend 20+ pages deconstructing fetishes

… when your visa has expired.

Mine was cancelled :smiley: :smiley:

when you plan out acts of vigilanteeism, down to the most effective weapons to carry, on Forumosa.

when you call Taiwanese people some variation on monkey on a regular basis.

Nah, people do that when they haven’t been here long enough.

you’re bumping up against sandman at three o’clock in the morning.

Um, nah, he went home hours ago…

…when you always have a pack or two of instant noodles for the next snack or today’s main meal on the kitchen shelf.

you english start to becomes poor and poorer.

Um, nah, he went home hours ago…[/quote]
I went over to Bliss and ended up in Bobwundaye. Thanks for pouring me into the taxi, Fox.