You may be glad to know this!

I figured that during the course of my short existence there have been many a time that I had come across something which the majority of my fellows may not have known and such information that may have benefited them. So this is where I figured would be an excellent place to drop all that information which may not make the slightest bit of difference to anyones life at all, but for the odd one or two may be the best thing they have ever found out.

Yesterday for example I found out that the only way to have a 1 T hard drive shared between a Mac and a P.C. that shares large files is to format it with Windows in NTFS (not quick format) and then load NTFS-3G onto a Mac making the hard drive readable as well as writeable by the Mac.

So what do you know that I could do with knowing exactly?

I also found out that Sea Monkeys did not in fact live in sea trees. But it seems everyone else knew that. :wink:

Well…I was kind of cheered to read about this in the last day or so.

The buzz on an amazing new mosquito repellent: Will it fly?
“WASHINGTON, Aug. 16, 2009 — After searching for more than 50 years, scientists finally have discovered a number of new mosquito repellents that beat DEET, the gold standard for warding off those pesky, sometimes disease-carrying insects. The stuff seems like a dream come true. It makes mosquitoes buzz off three times longer than DEET, the active ingredient in many of today’s bug repellents. It does not have the unpleasant odor of DEET. And it does not cause DEET’s sticky-skin sensation.”

I hope it gets to market soon…probably won’t…but one can hope.

Cats are crazy about the taste of human ear wax.
Stick your finger in your ear and then offer it to your cat, he’ll go apeshit licking it and probably even chew your finger.
I’m not making this up.
I had a friend at home who was a sound man for rock and roll bands, and he had these really expensive custom-made earplugs that filtered all the damaging frequencies but allowed him to still hear the mix.
He left them out one time and one of his two cats (named Bass and Treble, obviously) ate the whole fucking thing, and he had to take it in for emergency surgery to get it removed.

Any story involving earwax makes me shudder.

How to peel a banana the correct way! youtube.com/watch?v=nBJV56WUDng&feature=fvst

The best way to dispense ketchup (catsup) from a glass bottle is not to hit the bottom. Rather, make an “OK” symbol with your hand and perform the old “in and out” motion causing the bottle to bump repeatedly against the ring made by your index finger and thumb. The inertia of the ketchup (catsup) will cause it to come out quick nicely.

Just don’t let anyone see you do it.

It’s a lot easier to make sure the lid is on firmly*, hold the bottle near the bottom and give it one really solid shake with the lid facing the floor. All the ketchup immediately relocates to the lip of the bottle and the air pocket is now behind it. Open the bottle and it comes out easily.

*this is a very important step

Buy sachets.

They found a plant that can eat rats. And they named it after Sir David Attenborough.

timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/u … 799283.ece