You'll never guess what happened to me... serious problem

Name your ex-employer, or at least give us a hint.

To me, this is the most important thread currently on Forumosa. This is major league stuff.
This is outrageous and must not be allowed to slide.
Get hold of the alledged fake documents and start planning a counterattack. You have plenty of support in the expat community.

If what you’ve said is true. I’m surprised the police, Ministry of Education, and British Trade Office are not investigating it as a matter of course.

The British Trade Office will be compelled by law to answer any letter that you forward them.

I agree with Wolf. Don’t let this lie.

I’m wondering how this guy’s former boss knew he was out of the country. This would be important for the timing, as he’d have to be out to be shut out. Is it common knowledge when a teacher goes home, like as in a list or something? Really, why would they bother to go to such lengths as this? Beyoned psycho, IMO.

Hello all,
Thanks for the support and suggestions. I hope so much that nobody else encouters such problems whilst they are here. It really is a shame as I love Taiwan and the people here so much, yet there are always those few who are out to cause problems. I hope what happened to me doesn’t stop other good teachers from coming to Taiwan, because it really is a great place to spend a few years.
I’ve been busy trying to decide what to do. I’m not a guy, I’m a girl, which is why the whole thing seems even more ridiculous. I obtained a copy of the fraudulent letter from the BTCO. It wasn’t even written in fluent English. It doesn’t even look like an authentic document to me.
“Our council has investigated for nearly 2 years and found out 1 of the British criminal, named (…), is working as a children’s teacher in your country…We are very sorry to let you know that she is on our government’s criminal list who has the background of using drugs and some criminal records of abusing children when she was a childminder and stealing in the past 5 years in the UK…”
My friends and colleagues here suspect that perhaps the MOE do not want to persue the matter as it is such an embarrassment that they believed the letter to be authentic in the first place. It is a bilingual letter written in English, and then translated (supposedly by British officials!) into Chinese. You would laugh at this if you knew which Local City Council the letter was supposedly from. Moreover she used a type font for the signature!!!
I would love to name my ex-bosses. But because they are such nutcases, as a female I must think of my own personal safety first. However the school is a small time operation with only two schools left in Kaohsiung so you’d be extremely unlucky to end up working for them. Although when I first came to Taiwan they claimed to be the second biggest on the island!!The boss’ wife, who wrote the letter (the boss’ English is very poor, but the wife studied in England) lives in a fantasy world, believing that anyone who does not fit into her scheme should not be allowed to live in her country. From the letter I gather that they did not know I was in the UK at the time as it says that “Our Authority apologizes for our people’s misbehaviour. We hope your authority can dismiss her position as soon as possible and request her to come back to the UK.” Anyway, I am just relieved that the BTCO acted at all and informed the Kaohsiung police of what has gone on.

Keep on pursuing this. This is incredible. But I think it is odd you won’t release the name of their school. Not even the first letter? If they only have two schools, what are you so afraid of? Do they know where you live?

[quote=“menina”]Hello all,
Thanks for the support and suggestions. I hope so much that nobody else encouters such problems whilst they are here. It really is a shame as I love Taiwan and the people here so much, yet there are always those few who are out to cause problems. I hope what happened to me doesn’t stop other good teachers from coming to Taiwan, because it really is a great place to spend a few years.
I’ve been busy trying to decide what to do. I’m not a guy, I’m a girl, which is why the whole thing seems even more ridiculous. I obtained a copy of the fraudulent letter from the BTCO. It wasn’t even written in fluent English. It doesn’t even look like an authentic document to me.
“Our council has investigated for nearly 2 years and found out 1 of the British criminal, named (…), is working as a children’s teacher in your country…We are very sorry to let you know that she is on our government’s criminal list who has the background of using drugs and some criminal records of abusing children when she was a childminder and stealing in the past 5 years in the UK…”
My friends and colleagues here suspect that perhaps the MOE do not want to persue the matter as it is such an embarrassment that they believed the letter to be authentic in the first place. It is a bilingual letter written in English, and then translated (supposedly by British officials!) into Chinese. You would laugh at this if you knew which Local City Council the letter was supposedly from. Moreover she used a type font for the signature!!!
I would love to name my ex-bosses. But because they are such nutcases, as a female I must think of my own personal safety first. However the school is a small time operation with only two schools left in Kaohsiung (Gaoxiong) so you’d be extremely unlucky to end up working for them. Although when I first came to Taiwan they claimed to be the second biggest on the island!!The boss’ wife, who wrote the letter (the boss’ English is very poor, but the wife studied in England) lives in a fantasy world, believing that anyone who does not fit into her scheme should not be allowed to live in her country. From the letter I gather that they did not know I was in the UK at the time as it says that “Our Authority apologizes for our people’s misbehaviour. We hope your authority can dismiss her position as soon as possible and request her to come back to the UK.” Anyway, I am just relieved that the BTCO acted at all and informed the Kaohsiung (Gaoxiong) police of what has gone on.[/quote]

Ahhh…I think I know what school you are talking about. Husband and wife team? Nutcases? Yeah…thank goodness you at least didn’t have to break up a knife fight (yes it happened).

If they were to ever post here looking for a teacher, I would delete and press for a ban so fast it would make your eyes water.

I agree, press this issue.

If it gets ugly for you, let me know. I have lots of friends in Kaohsiung. :sunglasses:

Is the BTCO not going to assist you further ? Surely it is part of their duty to ensure that a British citizen abroad who has been the victim of a crime is assisted in protecting her legitimate rights. Or did that idea end with Lord Palmerston ?

I would be surprised if anything were done about it at all. This is Taiwan and you are a foreigner.

It really seems to me that the BTCO shoudl be doing something about this, if not for the sake of protecting British citizens, at least to protect their own name. Somebody forged a document purporting to be from the BTCO. If anyone can get away with doing this, the BTCO could be made to look pretty silly.

Aside from that, such obvious fraud is clearly downright illegal, and I don’t see how you could lose a court case.

Brian

menina,

Are you talking about a “a small herd of treants”? :sunglasses:

Seems that the BTCO has taken action, according to an earlier post – they tossed the whole thing over to the Kaohsiung cops, probably knowing full well that that’s as far it will go. I guess they don’t feel that BTCO document forgery is important enough for a real, ministerial-level complaint. After all, they must know as well as the rest of us what a bunch of dickless wastes of space they are.
I would take this to the papers and see if you can’t get someone interested in it.
At the very least, you should keep pestering the BTCO to find out how the “investigation” is progressing.
Why don’t you find out who to complain to in the UK and do just that – complain in the strongest possible terms about the BTCO smearing your name. Include copies of the document in question. Perhaps if the useless nonces over there start getting it in the ear from THEIR bosses they might do a little more than just play with their weeners.

I’m sure the Apple Daily could be persuaded to run it. Both the forgery and the libel are criminal offences.

Please do tell.

I agree that the name of this school should be public knowledge, and I hope someone will post it here. They deserve to be exposed and other potential employees need to be warned about them.

Well, I THINK I know what school it is, but since I am not personally involved then I should wait until menina says something.

What is it with the South of Taiwan? A lot of this kind of thing goes on down there. Some of the lame excuses for banning people that I see posted from down south are pathetic and some of them I know are complete :moo:

I don’t think it’d be a good idea for me to name the school as they know where I work at the moment and I don’t want to cause anymore strife for my present boss. I’m not sure anyone would have heard of it anyway. The name is one word, begins with an A and ends in an O. So stay away from any schools that fit that description. If you do know which school I’m talking about please don’t post the name, but by all means tell us all of any dealings you’ve had with them!!! So is it the same school that you know Durin’s Bane? What is a treant?!

Hey menina,

Nope, different school after all. But I think I know what school you are talking about…“friend” :sunglasses: . I have mentioned this to a friend of mine who is closely connected to our city council and I am going to show her this thread. What she does with it is her affair but I think she might be able to do something.

A treant is a “Good” version of a troll. Big talking trees!

Let me know if I can do anything to help.

DB