Young boys getting all Nationalistic on me

It happened about three times in this last month, where I pop in to a bar (a bar I’ve been to many times), and the youngsters (18-21) tell me to me get out.

“This is our party, GO!” (open bar)

Why?, I ask?

“Go, this territory/country is ours, GO NOW”.

I leave, cause I don’t wan’t fisticuffs.

What’s up with is in China? They’re really want us out? I don’t mind, I’m leaving soon, but I wouldn’t mind beating these little rats to pulp before I leave.

EDIT: I get a feeling the mainland boys/guys are spoiling for a fight. I can feel it. You have to be here to feel it.

Same same on Ilha Formusa?

You’re living in the wrong country if you are expecting to be treated fairly.

Where exactly is this bar? What kind of bar is this?

Could it be this? theworld.org/2012/05/anti-fo … -in-china/

thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/0 … -in-china/

[quote=“Baas Babelaas”]

Same same on Ilha Formusa?[/quote]

Nope, here all we have is curiosity. It can be intrusive, but is never threatening even from young bucks.

There is a thread somewhere here on China’s changing openness to Caucasians after the attempted rape of one of their females.
English teachers might be the new scum and indeed not welcome any longer - and certainly not in bars acting like most foreign monkeys might do.

You want a list?

Haven’t you heard? They think they’re a real country now, because they have more American dollars than they used to.

Sounds like the best solution. Leave them to wallow in their own crapulence.

'course not.

This sort of thing is all dreadfully sad. In a way you can understand it, because there are boatloads of foreigners who go over to China to behave badly, but the fact is they’re behaving no worse than the locals; they behave badly because they can. That’s what China is for; what it encourages people to do. Foreigners just happen to stand out from the crowd.

Maybe I am a rude fucker that loves a good bar brawl :laughing: , but if a mainlander said that to me in a bar, my reply would be:

"Maybe it is now, but the exploitation continues. Over 100 years ago China was dominated by foreign powers that ripped it a new asshole. My ancestors profited by selling opium to your great-great grandma and by turning her into a docile street hooker. :smiley:

Right now, they are profiting from your cousin making cheap toys for our stores and children. In 100 years, we will likely be profiting by political consulting to the many democratic territories that were split off from China!
:smiley:

Now get back on the assembly line!!! :laughing:

They’ve seen too much TV and Bruce Lee, Jet Li movies …

It really is disappointing, on many levels;

1. The Chinese gubment teaches the populace to hate on foreigners. Where did these kids learn the word “territory”? From the gub…
  2. China’s quick rise will be followed by a … flop, and it will be bad (a reason to be the hell out of here soon)
  3. The mob mentality of the Chinese - that ratty little bastard would have kept well quiet if he was by himself. Puffs himself up when he has his friends around. Round 2 - I pepper spray them and give them all a flathand while they’re flailing around, weeping like they do.
  4. I have to leave the country more sad than happy.

Fuck it, there are many more countries in this world, with better people.

Rant over.

This isn’t limited just to the Chinese. Watch videos of the Euro football championship to see what mob mentality is like.

[quote=“Baas Babelaas”]It really is disappointing, on many levels;

1. The Chinese gubment teaches the populace to hate on foreigners. Where did these kids learn the word “territory”? From the gub…
  2. China’s quick rise will be followed by a … flop, and it will be bad (a reason to be the hell out of here soon)
  3. The mob mentality of the Chinese - that ratty little bastard would have kept well quiet if he was by himself. Puffs himself up when he has his friends around. Round 2 - I pepper spray them and give them all a flathand while they’re flailing around, weeping like they do.
  4. I have to leave the country more sad than happy.

Fuck it, there are many more countries in this world, with better people.

Rant over.[/quote]
Really better people? Where??? The Sanlitun bars seem to be doing great…how come you never called the cops on this one???

This is the thing, MOST (not all) expats in TW have never been to the mainland especially the haters, and so everyone who goes to China, will post a sob story here and they get their threads of attention. OH puhleeeaze…there is no other nation on this earth, where young’uns are not spoiling for a bar brawl??? :hand:

[quote]Really better people? Where??? The Sanlitun bars seem to be doing great…how come you never called the cops on this one???

This is the thing, MOST (not all) expats in TW have never been to the mainland especially the haters, and so everyone who goes to China, will post a sob story here and they get their threads of attention. OH puhleeeaze…there is no other nation on this earth, where young’uns are not spoiling for a bar brawl??? [/quote]

I’ve been in mainland China for 7 years.

I’ve seen waves of nationalism, well coordinated by the gubment.

This is the latest wave. The young and angry are called the ‘fenqing’. And they are angry.

I’m not looking for attention, Divea, I’m trying to give coverage to what is happening here to foreigners. Random - maybe, happening daily - yes.

Never been in a bar fight in my country, a rather violent one with a drinking culture (RSA).

Care to reply?

What do I reply to?? I doubt you’ve been in a fight in China either. No, right??
Coverage??? God knows there is enough coverage demonizing the mainland and its peoples. I sometimes am the only voice here, that says it is bad, but just as bad as anywhere I’ve lived. I hate people hating a whole lot of people without seeing or even knowing them. All mainlanders are bastards coz they are. And all TW women are Psycho Xiaojies coz they are. All Saffas are violent sons of bitches, racist pigs coz they are, everyone knows that. All Americans women are whores, coz they go through men like clothes, so on and so forth. :loco: :loco:

Even Americans believe the crap they are fed, ever heard of them hating all Muslims?? Or everyone in a turban? You think that is not a govt. led wave of nationalism?? LET US ATTACK IRAN!!! Shit happens everywhere.

China is a fabulous place with fabulous people and has a lot of probs. I only took offence to your, ‘better people’ thingy!

It depends where you are in China I would think just as in any other country. I’m sure the people in Beijing and Shanghai in a certain income bracket are erudite and polite. Furthermore, from personal experience, I have found the non-Han areas of Yunnan to be very hospitable/welcoming indeed.

But the nouveau riche factory cities in the south? :hand: If told to get out of a pub, I’d say what I mentioned above and would relish the fight.

Hey, at least you don’t have tons of people microagressing you…THEN you would have a reason to complain.

My apologies Divea.

Re. a fight - yes, I’ve been bottled from behind leaving a BBQ stand on the street. As they continued to attack and we backed up (my Ozzie mate and me) I shouted “wo da gei 110”. They ran fast. We did nothing wrong, clearly they thought it was fun, or their boss instructed them to do so.

I hate drawing comparisons, which I did by saying “better people”, but yes, in my travels around the world I find the mainland Chinese (generalised) to be lower on the totem pole of civility, politeness and warmness.

Sorry if that lights your fire, but I stand by my spade, and call it a spade.

My apologies Divea.

Re. a fight - yes, I’ve been bottled from behind leaving a BBQ stand on the street. As they continued to attack and we backed up (my Ozzie mate and me) I shouted “wo da gei 110”. They ran fast. We did nothing wrong, clearly they thought it was fun, or their boss instructed them to do so.

I hate drawing comparisons, which I did by saying “better people”, but yes, in my travels around the world I find the mainland Chinese (generalised) to be lower on the totem pole of civility, politeness and warmness.

Sorry if that lights your fire, but I stand by my spade, and call it a spade.[/quote]

I’m not sure how South Africa could be worse than getting glassed leaving a BBQ and being told which bars you can and can’t drink in. Sections of my family live happily in S.A. in Newcastle. I’ve been there and while, yes, it is backward, it seemed to be reasonably safe so long as you didn’t do anything daft. Do you have a CELTA? Have you thought about giving Blighty a whirl? You have got a few mates over here…

SA is fine, I’m prolly heading back there to have a break from the mayhem here. Just gosta worry a bit about the armed robbers.

Did England in 96-7. No interest in returning. But I do have three step brothers over there, big guys - 110kg, 125kg, 140kg. Believe it or not the biggest one is an IT dude.

No, SA for me. Open spaces clears the head. No propaganda, no TV, just the radio-set and the bush. More or less (I think I romanticizing it a bit).

Newcastle’s in the Midlands - glorious part of SA/world.

Got a CELTA. IELTS examiner.

Then get the eff out of Dodge…

…and embrace the stodge! :smiley: