Younger men

Don’t be so exact, maybe a range is more acceptable, like 10-30% give or take of your age

Don’t be so exact, maybe a range is more acceptable, like 10-30% give or take of your age[/quote]

I am becoming 23, ±30% can be pretty impressive (especially the -30% part :smiley: , I think that’s illegal). I am just saying if someone ask me immediately that’s what I would say. Again, when love hits you, it just does, so you really don’t know, I am not fixing it as if someone is 6 years older than I am, I would automatically close all possibility.

P.S. I don’t really think guys mind that much (other than in front of their friends, but if she is hot, well, ha, you go figure, who cares, especially for the young young crowd), just ask how many guys lose their virginity to an older woman :stuck_out_tongue:

Erhu, stop airing our relationship in front of all to see!

Older women+younger men=sa-weetness.

18 and 25 is kind of creepy at first, 22 and 29 is sweet. When the man is 25+, and the woman is over 30, that’s the sweetest.

Well they are all wishing for you to go out and enjoy yourself. :blush:

If love is in the air go and enjoy it. What’s age got to do with it anyway?

Do we even need to know? :smiley: :smiley: Perhaps you can turn it into a feature movie…

[quote=“Visser”] Is there a concern of the younger males earning potential to sustain the older female

And why is that o’ weaver of webs?

I mean 914 has a thing for my son, who must be at least 4 -5 years younger, but he can raise his eyebrow like the Rock. 'nuff said. :wink:

I’m 25. Older women are starting to look really good to me.

Well you didn’t say offer what, did you mean marriage ? Yeah some younger guys will get married but the odds are probably against it since being in their early 20’s they are not going to want to get married right away.

Erhu,

It really seems like it depends on the two people involved. There’s such a wide variance in maturity between people, even within the same age group, that I don’t think the specific age is really all that relevant. One of my closest friends married a woman much, much older than him, and he’s got no complaints. Love is love.

It depends on the people involved. It’s not for everyone, but using myself as an example … All of my serious boyfriends have been younger than I, by at least 10 years, because of two reasons: one, I’m immature, and two, I was living in Asia for all of them, in societies where guys my own age were usually already married, and seemed middle-aged and boring while still in their thirties.
I’m getting older, but my boyfriends are staying the same age.

Try 24 (me) + 36 (her)

Length of relationship: 6 months

Reason for ending the relationship: Me, too many pictures in my mind of a future I just was not comfortable with.

She was Taiwanese, hot, and actually was a client of mine (shame, shame on me

good luck, Erhu

[quote=“derek1978”]We continued dating. I figured I would try the opposite of what I was used to dating. But it was always in the back of my mind, and often at the forefront:

[quote]We continued dating. I figured I would try the opposite of what I was used to dating. But it was always in the back of my mind, and often at the forefront:

Man you guys dont hold any punches back, do you!
It wasnt a matter of maturity but rather about a gap in differences. We got along fine, but we didnt have a whole lot in common. She was pushing for a serious relationship and settleing down pretty strong and I wasnt ready for that. She made it clear that she wanted kids, fast. I didnt. So you see, her goals and needs were also different from mine. It had absolutely nothing to do with immaturity and a lot to do with a large age gap.

[quote=“Muzha Man”][quote=“derek1978”]Man you guys dont hold any punches back, do you!
It wasn’t a matter of maturity but rather about a gap in differences. We got along fine, but we didnt have a whole lot in common. She was pushing for a serious relationship and settleing down pretty strong and I wasn’t ready for that. She made it clear that she wanted kids, fast. I didn’t. So you see, her goals and needs were also different from mine. It had absolutely nothing to do with immaturity and a lot to do with a large age gap.[/quote]

And she had no duck farm.[/quote]

These are my 3 musts before I am willing to date any girl seriously.

1. Must enjoy Kevin Smith movies.
  2. Must enjoy good pizza.
  3. Must have a duck or geese farm.

I was going with the duck farm at first but it’s just too small of a segment, now that I’ve added the duck farm girls to the list I have to beat them off with a stick. Unfortunatly sometimes they hit back with bigger sticks.

What does that have to do with the age gap? I knew plenty of girls in high school and college and blokes too – late teens and early 20s – who were DESPERATE to settle down, get a mortgage and start a family.
It has everything to do with maturity and very little to do with the age gap.

Why don’t you just come right out and admit it? It was because she couldn’t tell the difference between a Muscovy and a Welsh Harlequin, isn’t it? :wink:

FINE already! Gosh darn it you guys…you broke me! I give in. Uncle Uncle!

I admit it, perhaps I was not ready for a relationship as mature as she wanted it to be. Perhaps I was immature compared to her level of maturity. I was young (still am) and I got involved in a relationship that I couldnt handle or was not ready to handle.

BUT…and this is a viable BUT and a worthy BUT…

The way she handeld herself in the restaurant qualified for a maturity level equal to an eight year old throwing a temper tantrum. That is why I said what I said about equal responsability for maturity. Are we allowed moments of mindless fits of rage and tantrums…sure, we all have done it or will do it…its only human. Just at that time, it was crazy and embarassing and inapropriate.

[quote=“derek1978”]FINE already! Gosh darn it you guys…you broke me! I give in. Uncle Uncle!

I admit it, perhaps I was not ready for a relationship as mature as she wanted it to be. Perhaps I was immature compared to her level of maturity. I was young (still am) and I got involved in a relationship that I couldnt handle or was not ready to handle.

BUT…and this is a viable BUT and a worthy BUT…

The way she handeld herself in the restaurant qualified for a maturity level equal to an eight year old throwing a temper tantrum. That is why I said what I said about equal responsability for maturity. Are we allowed moments of mindless fits of rage and tantrums…sure, we all have done it or will do it…its only human. Just at that time, it was crazy and embarassing and inapropriate.[/quote]

She saved her virginity for 36 years, only to give it to a man who dumped her because she was too old. I think she gets a free pass on the temper tantrum thing.

Some of my posts were cut…looks like the OP/moderator doesn’t want this thread to get off topic.

OK, so back on topic:

There’s nothing wrong with dating a younger man, as long as he isn’t a selfish, immature brat who’s going to get his jollies then dump you like a bag of bricks because he thinks you’re too old.