Your ARC and where you work

Hello. I went to a job interview today and they told me that I would have to move to Chung-Hua, if I want to take the job. I know people who live in Taichung and commute to Chung-Hua. I have never heard of being denied a work permit because the place you are living is too far away. As far as I know, you could live in Taipei and work in Kaoshiung for all immigration cares. Can anybody set me straight on this? :ponder:

Total BS. You won’t be denied the work permit. This is probably an issue with the school – maybe they’ve had problems with teachers who live in Taichung. You know, the school hires people who say the distance is no problem but then after a few months they start calling in or arriving late because of transportation problems.