Your birthdate in google. Try it!

A new game: type in your birth date in the google search window and watch what happens. Ex: March 3, 1971

Post here if anything interesting turns up.

Nope, nothing happened, I can only assume it’s a cheap ploy to tell us it’s your birthday tomorrow. :slight_smile:
So happy birthday and all that :slight_smile:

I typed “June 22, 1987” and hit I Feel Lucky, and got an article called “Religion is an Obligation”.

Creepy

Hmmm. He does look a lot like me.

My second hit is a Russian dating agency http://www.volgagirl.com/gallery/birthdays.html

Hmmm. I also found out that Anna Nicole Smith, Julia Roberts, Pamela Anderson and I were all born the same year. Distinguished company!

I just get a bunch of moon shot stuff.

In other words, I’m ancient.

LLinks to literacy, anthropology and translation. How friggen appropriate. I hate you poagao for turning me on to this :noway:
chou

[quote=“Richardm”]I typed “June 22, 1987” and hit I feel Lucky, and got an article called “Religion is an Obligation”.

Creepy[/quote]
Richard, read again – it’s “Retribution is an Obligation”, subtitled “Capital punishment is society’s way of demonstrating respect for life!”

I tried it and got the New York Review of Books, lead article: “Martin Bernal, ‘The Popularity of Chinese Patriotism’”. :astonished:

Wow, I share a birthday with Andy Gibb :astonished: :sunglasses:

google.com/search?sourceid=n … +5%2C+1975

Yes, Friday, it’s my birthday :noway:

I get something from the National Security Archives at GW Uni. on The Cuban Missile Crisis.
Talk about ancient…

And this was the number one song:
*1. Big Girls Don’t Cry - The 4 Seasons (Vee Jay) 5 weeks #1

[quote=“chodofu”]LLinks to literacy, anthropology and translation. How friggen appropriate. I hate you poagao for turning me on to this :noway:
chou[/quote]

Don’t hate me; hate nonentity for starting this thread.

Horribly uninteresting results for me. The first 20 or so web pages were baseball scores. Couldn’t be bothered to keep looking for a “gem.”

[quote=“Poagao”][quote=“chodofu”]LLinks to literacy, anthropology and translation. How friggen appropriate. I hate you poagao for turning me on to this :noway:
chou[/quote]

Don’t hate me; hate nonentity for starting this thread.[/quote]

Ok. i’m better now. I just tried again and got this to share on B-days

Shi Ting Wang, Tainan Taiwan, tennis star (1994 Taipei)
Amy Carter, President Carter’s daughter/peace activist
Evander Holyfield, Atmore Ala, boxer (Oly-bronze-1988)/champ (1990-92)
Dan “Woody” Woodgate, London, rock drummer (Madness)
Divine, [Harris Glenn Milstead], Balt MD, actress (Pink Flamingo)
John Lithgow, Rochester NY, actor (Harry & Hendersons, Pelican Brief)
Patrick Simmons, rocker (Doobie Brothers)
Peter Tosh, rocker
Peter Max, psychadelic artist (Dynamite Chicken)
Robert Reed, Highland Park Ill, actor (Mike-Brady Bunch, Nurse)
John LeCarre, [Cornwell], England, spy novelist (Little Drummer Girl)
Mordecai (3 finger) Brown, hall of fame pitcher
Dimitri Ivanovitch, Russian son of Ivan IV “the Terrible”

among many others

this tasty article as well

Bohemian retreat by the sea
Taste the cream of Carmel- batty bylaws, quaint houses and art galleries galore, writes Lee Mylne
October 19, 2003

LEAVE your stilettos at home if you’re planning a visit to lovely Carmel-by-the-Sea in California. “No high heels” is one of the town’s more unusual bylaws, which also include a ban on live music, neon signs, parking meters and fast-food joints.
http://travel.news.com.au/story/0,9142,7605457-27985,00.html

Eisenhower inspecting capsule from Satellite Discoverer XIII.

Also, Robert Cray was born,

Senator JFK gave statement on VP Nixon’s lack of agricultural policy,

Downtown Miami integrates its lunch counters, and

The Beatles debut in Hamburg, with Stu Sutcliffe on bass and Pete Best on drums.

[quote=“MaPoDurian”]Richard, read again – it’s “Retribution is an Obligation”, subtitled “Capital punishment is society’s way of demonstrating respect for life!”[quote]

That might be a freudian slip on my part. Either way it’s pretty creepy.

well i discovered that the wonderful song “she said she said” (off revolver) was recorded on June 21, 1966 by the Beatles at Abbey Road studios…

just in case anyone was wondering the “she” in the song is in fact peter fonda who was recounting an acid trip to john in which he felt like he had died…

glad thats all cleared up then

“housecat is gonna take you back”–Googalism

On the day of my birth (the important bits):
1099 - First Crusade: Battle of Ascalon - Crusaders defeat Saracens and the Kingdom of Jerusalem is established under Godfrey of Bouillon. (and the world has never been the same.)
1851 - Isaac Singer granted a patent for his sewing machine (and the world has never been the same.)
1877 - Asaph Hall discovers Phobos (and we were all pretty happy about it.)
1883 - The last quagga dies at the Artis Magistra zoo in Amsterdam (and everyone was really bummed about it too.)
1908 - First Model T Ford built (thank God for back seats.)
1953 - Nuclear testing: The Soviet Union detonates its first hydrogen bomb. (Wow! Who cut the cheese?)
1981 - The IBM PC, the first bit personal computer, is introduced (and immediately crashes.)

Shared birth days:

– Joe Besser, actor, member of the Three Stooges (the fifth Stooge, Besser did not want to travel and had a clause in his contract specifically prohibiting him from being hit, and so was not a good third member.)
– Pete Sampras, tennis player (who stopped winning as soon as he got married.)

Expired on the day I was born:

– Ian Fleming, novelist (shaken, not stirred.)
– Angus Walters, schooner captain (Nova Scotia’s finest.)
– Ed Headrick, developer of the Frisbee (and the world has never been the same.)

“National Security Council Meeting Minutes, December 2, 1974”

Interesting or boring, cant figure out