Your experience with racism in Taiwan

Anyways…

Sounds about right for her generation. I noticed that Chinese and Indian people back home, usually older ones, will cross onto the road while on a walk when they see me coming and when I pass they go back to the sidewalk. All while wearing a surgical mask. That said, I’m not sure if it was just me or whether they do that for everyone

3 Likes

I’m probably repeating myself, but I had a cop say that old foreigners carry the poison.

Happy days!

3 Likes

“Can’t wait to dump my kids in the castle of paper towels at Costco”

2 Likes

Sorry man. Some people are ignorant pieces of shit.

4 Likes

Tell yourself she’s been stalking you and, you sitting next to her, broke her cover.

Anybody who puts up a piece of paper thinking it’s going to protect them from anything other than sunlight, is off their f’ing meds.

5 Likes

She has nice hair.

For years and years my wife’s female friends have not visited when I am around. She says it’s because I’m a dude. And they don’t visit or meet outside often anyway . That part is true. No matter the reason it’s a pattern.
The wife’s friends husbands are also afraid to meet me I feel. It’s not like I caused it personally because they never met me in the first place.

3 Likes

Maybe an ex?

I honestly got the feeling she knew them.

With all the jibes about BO again…

Is there a LINE message doing the rounds about outside country people or something?

1 Like

Socially awkward way to escape a situation for an adult.
Must be agonizing having such a big personal bubble trying to ride a public bus and living in a big city like Taipei.

2 Likes

This is too funny :rofl:

It certainly would be funny if it wasn’t so stupid.

I’m more appalled than anything.

Should’ve gotten off at her station and asked what her problem was.

1 Like

I normally just politely ask if they know me, then also make a point of being polite and saying good buy when I get off.

People are not that friendly in Taiwan.

When I lived in Taiwan I used to blame most of my problems on Taiwanese people and Taiwanese culture.

That was pretty racist of me.

6 Likes

Weird. My wife runs a hairdresser’s on the first floor- never had her customers or her myriad friends and relatives- or their husbands- shrink from meeting me. If anything, the opposite- they sometimes comment to my wife that I’m not very sociable (true) and often disappear upstairs (also true).

5 Likes

My wife always says that her friends are interested in me. They ask a lot of questions, want me to join meals, but when I arrive, they avoid me and don’t say anything to me. Then I leave and they message my wife asking questions. I gave up after a few meet ups and joined Forumosa.

9 Likes

Curious to know how you behaved when you did meet with them.

Were you talkative? Were you quiet? Did you show genuine interest in them? Did you stare at your phone? Did you try talking in chinese? etc

1 Like