Your favo(u)rite ABBA song

[quote=“sandman”]But I need that certain song.

What was that Aussie film about two girls in smalltown Queensland with an Abba fixation? That was a great movie.[/quote]

Muriel’s Wedding?

That’s the one. That’s when I realized how good Abba’s songs really are.

Wow, Baccara! That takes me back…

[quote=“Buttercup”]

Muriel’s Wedding?[/quote]
Strange and tragic movie. Left a bad taste in my mouth.

I walked out this morning
I realized what I had done
I stood alone in the cold grey dawn
I knew I’d lost my morning sun.

I lost my head and I said some things
Now comes the heartache that the morning brings
I was wrong
I couldn’t see
I let my world slip away from me

And hey, if you happen to see the most beautiful girl in the world
Tell her I’m sorry
Tell her I need my baby
Won’t you tell her that I love her.

I’ve been singing that song all the way home, just to get that stupid ABBA song out of my head. I’m sure the riders on the MRT appreciated it. People don’t realize how dangerous ABBA can be. They think they can handle it, but boom! It blows up in their faces.

I can’t find the Not the Nine O’Clock News ABBA parody on youtube. I remember it goes ‘One of us is ugly, one of us is cute, one of us you’d like to see in her birthday suit’. Does anyone have a link to it?

[quote=“jimipresley”]Want a good laff? Check out the video of “Waterloo”.[/quote]Check out the videos of the previous and succeeding songs. All identical because they were recorded at the same time.

Can the moderators please delete this thread, since as a representative of His Majesty of Sweden King Karl XVI Gustav, I pronounce this thread a breach of international treaties with Sweden. Abba is not allowed to be discussed under any and all curicumstances as according to UN regulation 274, section 14, there’s a worldwide ban on forum discussions about which Abba song is the best and/or your favourite.

Thank you.

[quote=“TheLostSwede”]Can the moderators please delete this thread, since as a representative of His Majesty of Sweden King Karl XVI Gustav, I pronounce this thread a breach of international treaties with Sweden. Abba is not allowed to be discussed under any and all curicumstances as according to UN regulation 274, section 14, there’s a worldwide ban on forum discussions about which Abba song is the best and/or your favourite.

Thank you.[/quote]

Taiwan is not subject to section 14, because it’s not (Bush defence). You’re either with us or against us. Sweden fries! The axis of Abba!

Classic Abba youtube.com/watch?v=eiI5-c6GNz8

There are some new ones:
Abba: Here they go again! :microphone: - BBC News
Abba delight fans with new 10-song album and virtual concert - BBC News
Don’t Shut Me Down is pretty good–glad too see it ain’t crap…
(2147) ABBA - DON’T SHUT ME DOWN (New Single 2021) - YouTube

I have some pretty eclectic music tastes but have always appreciated ABBA. Lots of action with the lasses in my youth in the back seat of cars listening to these tunes. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

My previous fav was the The Winner Takes it all too

But tell me, does she fist
Like I used to fist you?
Does it feel the same
When she calls your name?
(2147) The Winner Takes It All - YouTube

Like ‘Fernando’- that’s about it.