Your favorite quiet spots?

I’m wondering if anyone here can recommend their favorite quiet restaurants/coffee shops in Taipei, you know, places where the owners don’t feel like they have to blare loud music to attract customers. Thanks in advance.

O’Ginny’s is a relatively quiet place, unless I am there with my Tavern-Premier Music collection, Sweet, Slade, Pink Floyd, Kiss you know, testing the speakers!

Ahem…I guess that was my point. I’m looking for a place where people will NOT be testing the speakers with Kiss and Pink Floyd… :laughing:

See my thread on the tea houses up behind the zoo in the mountains. People always think they are so hard to get too, but most are a 10-15 minute taxi ride from the zoo MRT station.

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … ses#432685

The teahouses in Muzha.

I know a place in Taichung, anybody interested?

Alan Parson’s project okay? I also have a great collection of Uriah Heep and Showaddywaddy! :stuck_out_tongue:

Teahouses in the mountains have my vote. You might hear some low volume taiwanese country music if you are lucky. And the food is good…

I’ve found some quiet spots simply by driving around and finding a place that doesn’t have a loudspeaker blaring Pop music.

I need to go to mutzha more often…

how about Air Supply? :roflmao: :roflmao:

Or John Tesh? :roflmao: :roflmao:

Yeah, I’ve always preferred places where you can actually hear what the person you’re with is saying.

Some places would benefit from a little acoustic tile or something on the walls to cut down on the echo.

I like Wisteria (紫藤廬), a Japanese-era Taiwanese teahouse on XinSheng South Road (No. 1, Lane 16, XinSheng South Rd., Sec. 3; 新生南路三段16巷1號).

The full-blown brew-your-own-tea thing can be a bit expensive if you do it often, but a good deal here is to order one of their simple meals that comes with a complimentary mug of potent tea afterwards and a kettle, so you can keep steeping it while you enjoy a book or conversation. (Try the pu-erh, it lasts a long time.)

Attaboy (or girl) Rotalsnart! Let’s keep these suggestions coming in…