Your pets - names and pictures

Ok first time trying to post a photo!
My new baby Mitts!

Not working! will keep trying, I am a computer idiot. (sad really, I worked in IT for over 6 years! :smiley: )

Thanks to truant for the help!

DB, Iā€™ll try taking photos with my Pentax this weekend.
As I donā€™t have a digital camera I have borrowed a friendā€™s to take kitty photos, but the menus are all in Chinese, i.e. I canā€™t read anything! Iā€™m sure it has those options somewhere.
Hereā€™s one of Cinnamon that came out OK.

You guys will have to put a limit on the amount of photos weā€™re allowed to post as Iā€™m the obsessive type!

No problem. those are adorable pics!

Hereā€™s our Ginger (a real ginger cat unlike Bu Lai Enā€™s) which some of you met at a games club, he was found alone in a school at about 10 days old and weā€™ve been hand-feeding him since.

Unfortunately heā€™s epileptic and blind, so any prayers/sacrifices/bribes to whichever Diety/spirits/alien being(s) you consider responsible for kitties would be apprieciated

Oh my, Big Fluff, your kitty is adorable. Can a kitty adapt easily to being blind? Our big tom went blind at 14 or so, but seemed to cope with it quite nicely. How severe is the epilepsy?
Wow, he is still so very young in that pic.
Btw, yangdemei, how old is your kitten?

Man, thatā€™s a shame ā€“ heā€™s a pretty little thing. Just as well he has big fluffy dad now. Do epileptic cats tend to survive long? Can they be medicated? Are those ears normal? Looks like he might have a bit of Scottish Fold blood in him ā€“ just a wee bit.

Does anyone have any more heartbreaking pics like that, preferrably copyright free, that you could contribute for the Dog Biscuits project? We could use a few for DMā€™s, posters, etc. Iā€™m working on those now. I think the big sad eyes will sell the most cookies.

We could use cats, kittens, dogs or puppies. I have some from Google Images but donā€™t want to get AnimalsTaiwan.org in trouble by using copyrighted pics without permission (small chance of that, but thought yā€™all may already have some good ones.)

Iā€™m doing up some quick ones already, but since counter-top display boxes tend to get ignored, Iā€™m thinking of doing big pop-up animals to attract attention.
Cute but pitiable is best. Sorta like these

but with permission.

You can use this one of my cat if you want. You could caption it: ā€œMaaan, what the fuck did you put in those cookies? I got cotton mouth.ā€

No? Oh well.

ooops, forgot the name.

This beauty is called Fanny and I can assure you that, although it may sounds funny in German, it is a completely ā€¦ argh, forget it.

Ni yao fan wo, wo jiu yao fan ni le

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Youā€™re quite a photographer too!

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Iā€™ll get started on those. :slight_smile:

Wow! There are some beautiful animals and nice shots on this thread! The lady&I have four cats. All picked up off of the mean streets of Taichung when they were babies. They may have ripped the sofa apart, broken a bunch of things, scratched, bitten and peed all over some things in spite/revenge, but life is sure great with all of the cats in the house!

This is Akuma, she is the alpha cat of the house, she was also the first.

This is Shiva. The pet store we go to gave us her, she was found young, alone and betten up badly, we brought her home and nursed her back to health. Shiva is the mother figure to all the other cats, and also lives up to her name by opening drawers and pulling everything out.

The third cat is Banshee, When we found him under a car, we though he was a girl. He was only about four or five weeks old when we picked him up and took him home, so we thought he was a girl untill his balls dropped and we got him cut. We kept the name Banshee because when he is hungry, he comes up to you, scratches at your leg and starts wailing till you feed him fish or the treats he likes.

The last cat is Chimera, we were going to a night market one evening and we took a short cut through a rice field and as we were about to leave it, we hears loud cries ecoing around us. Knowing it was a cat we stopped, and found her all wet and dirty. So we picked her up and headed back home where we cleaned her up and loved her ever since. She is the youngest cat and the most naughty. She is also the most loving out of all of our cats, so her cuteness and affection outweighs the bad habits she has.

[quote=ā€œtwonavelsā€]Oh my, Big Fluff, your kitty is adorable. Can a kitty adapt easily to being blind?[/quote]It doesnā€™t seem to bother him in the slightest he still loves to wander around and run about (albeit slowly and carefully), you wouldnā€™t know he is blind by looking at him (we didnā€™t know until the vet told us). He just doesnā€™t chase things.[quote]How severe is the epilepsy?[/quote]He didnā€™t have a fit all weekend when he was at home, but had a small one on Monday so nowā€™s he staying at the vet again :frowning:

Sandman, thereā€™s nothing Scottish about him, you cheeky get, that is what kittensā€™ ears look like. That picture was a few weeks ago (he was about 3 or 4 weeks old then), heā€™s bigger now with sticky up ears

Stray dog: You can use his picture, he is a rescued stray so I think he qualifies, pm me with your email address and Iā€™ll send you the full sized hi-res version.

great pics all!

Twonavels, Mitts should be about (dunno for sure, a rescue) 11-12 weeks now. driving me crazy as he thinks Iā€™m his bite toy!

BFM, I read a great article online about a blind cat e few weeks ago (but dunno where, I can look if ya want, let me know) the owners were blind too and they said the cat grew to be remarkably adept, just like their owners! good luck!

11-12 weeks? Is he losing his milk teeth? I think that was about the time when Tuesday lost hers (I was so shocked when all of a sudden, I had this tiny cat milk tooth in my hand after she had bitten me). That would explain his biting. Make sure to get him something to use his teeth on, just like you would do for babies.

Next month, when Iā€™m off work and with so much free time on my hand that Iā€™ll probably get awfully bored (NOT!) :wink:, Iā€™ll hopefully find time to upload some pictures of the perfect cat to some site where I can link to from Forumosa.

Iris

I donā€™t recall Isalu losing his milk teeth, but I did find him when he was about 12 weeks or so old. You can use my pookie bear if you want for your dog bisuits. I rescued him as a kitten from a median in Hsintien after Typhoon Nari in 2001 while a bunch of people stood around on both sides of the street talking about the kitten that was mewing itself hoarse.

Will get a newer picture up soon.

I got a new kitten from a co-worker. I have been talking about getting a companion for Isalu and finally this kitten was available at the right time for me to introduce her properly.

My co-worker is also a French speaker like myself, and named the kitten Papillon, which was a cute name, except that the French word for butterfly is masculine and the kitten is female. I decided to switch it around a little, utilizing the little Spanish I picked up in university and from teaching some basic vocabulary to my 4th graders two years ago. She was rechristened Mariposa, or Mari for short, on the way home from the vet. After spending about a week hissing and howling at my cat who outweighed her probably 10 to 1, she settled down and he takes every chance he gets to groom her while she slaps at his tail. Sheā€™s such a cutie pie (arenā€™t they all?)ā€¦mostly black calico with orange patches on her face, back, and tail, and a white tummy and chest (with an orange shadow striping in the middle) with three white ā€œsocksā€ and one white ā€œslipperā€ (her front right paw).

She loves flying across the living room dragging a 12-inch plastic stick with feathers and a bell on it in her mouth before doing a random backflip into the airā€¦I swear that catā€™s insane. The name ā€˜butterflyā€™ was very appropriate for her. She seems to enjoy flying a lot and is pretty good at it too. Sheā€™d make the Wright Brothers jealous.

Isalu has been pretty silent unless heā€™s demanding more food or Iā€™ve called him. Heā€™s been playing with her a lot and even twitches his tail more for her (no ears back and itā€™s only when sheā€™s behind him so I take itā€™s not aggression) before attacking her to groom her. Donā€™t know how Iā€™ll manage to import them home (or to France) next year, but they are probably inseparable now after only a few weeks together.

Sounds adorable! Pictures?

Here are my new petsā€¦

Finally: pictures of the Perfect Cat (for all those who havenā€™t seen them yet):

purr, purr
Iris and Tuesday