Your Rebellious Teenage Jukebox

As we all know tastes change, our politics change as we get older,
You start to talk passionately about mortgages and dividends. You think those slacks are a good idea. Where it did it all go wrong?

Oops wait a minute… thats a different thread. What I’m here for is to ask How well does your rebellious teenage jukebox stand up today if you were to listen to it with an adults ears?

I have to say that the music I listen to today hasn’t really changed since them days. Toots and The Maytals “Pressure Drop” is a tune that I’ve loved for too much of my life. I swear as a teen if I played that, the rain would stop and the sun would come out. It still sends a shiver down my spine.

Marvin Gaye’s “What’s Going On” still sounds as current today as it did then. I had a vinyl copy of that back home that was literally white from too much playing. I can recite that album in perfect time.

Isaac Hayes’ “Hot Butter Soul” A fave of that cowboy fella down in Tainan and one that’s in my list. Do yourself a favour kids and listen to his version of “Walk On By” awesome stuff.

Too many to remember off hand… What about your rebellious jukebox?

Aah, My Generation

Is this a Mark E. Smith reference?

I was thinking about this on the way to work, Funk . And I happened to be listening to an mp3 of the top 100 geetarists. ACDC came on and Angus shook me all night long.

mojo
still
there

And so is Iron Maiden and Sabbath for that matter.

I must been too cool for school back then. :slight_smile:

My teenage jukebox: In no real order
Ins:
Sabbath. AC/DC, Thin Lizzy, Beatles, Stones, Zep, Sly James Brown, James Gang, War, The Grss Roots, Neil Young, John Coltrane, The replacements, Elvis Costello, Dire Straits, The Cars.

Outs: Def Leppard, Iron Maiden, anything by Aerosmith, The Eagles or the SexPistols, Southern Rock, alternative, Steve Miller, Kiss, Nina Hagen, Grace Slick.