Your weirdest, funniest, nicest, worst Forumosa moment

What was your weirdest, funniest, nicest or worst Forumosa experience?

I started questioning forumosa’s influence on sanity when my brother told me that after hearing about the train crash at Alishan, my mum started worrying that I might have been on the train. But instead of picking up the telephone and calling me (yes, we do have telephone lines here in Taiwan!), my brother logged on to forumosa and checked the time of my last post. As I had posted on the evening after the crash, my family assumed that I was alright :?

One of my nicest forumosa moments was when I got a PM from ImaniOU asking if I wasn’t by chance the German girl she had met almost a year ago in a park during lunch break. I had been on my own, during one of my trips here from Shanghai and had gotten very sick then. She had tried to cheer me up. We’d been posting all the time without realizing.

What interesting forumosa stories do you guys have?

Iris

Why aren’t there replies here? I think this is a good topic.

My weird situation also involved ImaniOU. One day she decides to give out Guanxi for the first person to find certain personal information about herself. It made me learn more about a stranger than my own co-worker or neighbor.

Must be when Iris told us she was going shopping for some software. I had posted in return that I was going shopping for beer and hey, my post disappeared! Must have been off-topic i guess … I thought it was shopping thread. Silly me!

Logging on for the first time. :stuck_out_tongue:
Kudo’s to Gus and all the moderators.

Chou

[quote=“chodofu”]Logging on for the first time. :stuck_out_tongue:
Kudo’s to Gus and all the moderators.

Chou[/quote]

My other weird situation in Segue, Oriented, Forumosa, or whatever it will be called is learning less and less as a thread gets longer and longer.

Stay smart, switch threads.

Glossika. Period. For all of the above. :shock:

And, just so they know (if they’re reading this), their little hijinks led to my getting a cushy three-year ARC. Hee hee!

Silly, indeed!
When Iris said “software,” she meant “lingerie.”