Your woman and your clothing

Guys, time for observation #32 from Loretta’s distant memories of having a love life.

Have you ever noticed how when you get a new woman in your life she:
a) turns up without a sweater and has to borrow one of yours, which then mysteriously goes home with her. Of course, it comes back washed and ironed, but she takes something else home the next time.
b) brings enough of her own clothes that some of them migrate to your cupboards, drawers, or cardboard box where you keep yours? Pretty soon she’s rummaging in your underwear draw and giving you a hard time because you haven’t washed the last set yet.

Even when there’s no intent to move in they still manage to stake their claims in this way. Or am I the only one who’s experienced this?

Take this as a compliment. I used to always want one of my ex’s “smelly shirts” to sleep with on the nights he wasn’t around.The smell of the man I’m close to makes me feel warm and safe. Before I moved to Japan I made sure my ex wore the same shirt (of course I asked him for an old one, since he wasn’t getting it back) for a few days so it would smell like him as long as possible. It was a sad day when I finally gave in and washed it, and after that I used it to sleep in.

[quote=“Loretta”]Guys, time for observation #32 from Loretta’s distant memories of having a love life.

a) turns up without a sweater and has to borrow one of yours, which then mysteriously goes home with her. Of course, it comes back washed and ironed, but she takes something else home the next time.
b) brings enough of her own clothes that some of them migrate to your cupboards, drawers, or cardboard box where you keep yours? Pretty soon she’s rummaging in your underwear draw and giving you a hard time because you haven’t washed the last set yet.

Even when there’s no intent to move in they still manage to stake their claims in this way. Or am I the only one who’s experienced this?[/quote]

No, no, no. We are not going to let you have a vicarious love life. Go out and get your own memories.

Sheeeeeesh. :smiling_imp:

I am with Violet here, the smell thing is really important. I’d keep everything (sheets!) that smelled like “him” for as long as possible.

The second thing is that of course the guys’ sweaters are so big, they’re reeeeeeally comfy. Besides, well, we wouldn’t want to wear a sweater over whatever sexy top we turn up in, would we? And, of course, being women, we just can’t avoid getting cold at one point…

As to staking the claim, yeeeeeeeeeeeeees, definitely. Though I’d usually use stuff that’s more visible than clothes in the cupboard (start off slowly with shampoo and make-up in the bathroom…). The clothes in the cupboard thing is rather because it’s just so convenient to have some extra clothes available…

That’s strange. My old lady won’t even allow me to put my dirty socks into the laundry basket – they have to go into a seperate basin out on the balcony. Maybe she goes out there when I’m at work and drapes them over her face while fantasizing … maybe she has issues … :laughing:

Ewwwwwww.

You’ve done overshared my man.

Me too. My wife says my socks will infect the rest of the laundry.

Toothbrushes.

That’s the first thing that moves in ahead of them.

Wasn’t planned though, but yeah, that is what happend at our first date… :blush: :blush:

Yep, I still have a shirt of some famous guy, but that was not my fault. He came on my clothes, for heaven’s sake. Aside from that, I’ve only had guys come into my house and wear MY clothes. I guess it’s because I avoid staying over at a guy’s place. We hates it!

Nice.

Preshuuuss… :notworthy:

Begs the question tho’. Why do yous?

[quote=“twonavels”]Yep, I still have a shirt of [color=darkred]
some famous guy,
[/color][/quote]

We want details darrrrrrling!!! Elaborate on who it is…

[quote=“Loretta”]Guys, time for observation #32 from Loretta’s distant memories of having a love life.

Even when there’s no intent to move in they still manage to stake their claims in this way. Or am I the only one who’s experienced this?[/quote] This is hilarious. I just got back a sweater and a pair of pants this weekend.

I think its called “nesting.”
They can’t help it, its genetic.

Loretta, Im thinking of suggesting a new forum. “Get this man a shag.” It’s my only shot at being a mod, unless a Bob Dylan forum magically opens up.

Lets try to narrow down what sort of woman you are looking for here…

1. Properly clothed on dates.
  2. Must have travel toothbrush.
  3. Must not remove property from partners domicile.
  4. Should leave partners domicile with all items they arrived with.
  5. Should not stake claims.

Lor, if a bird, ahem, lady wishes to remove your clothing, wash it and return it, then you have found yerself a keeper.

Tom Hill, currently to be found under a thumb. :slight_smile:

Yep…The toothbrush is DEFINITELY the first item that finds it’s way into the apartment. Then they always seem (especially Taiwanese girls) to bring over things (I never use) they think are indispensable. Things like hand wash (I just use the soap), face wash (I JUST USE THE SOAP!!! :fume: ), and sweet smelling creams (Is there something wrong with Dove?? :unamused: ).

As to the clothes. Now I’ve never actually seen them remove anything from my apartment, but I have on occassion noticed that the odd T-shirt is missing and never to be seen again. Recently a very nice sweater I had has mysteriously dissappeared. My lady, of course, has no idea where it could be.

Why we hates crashing in a dude’s nest…

1. There’s usually a roommate or something (like a knife in the top drawer next to my bed) available at my house in case the guy turns into a serial killer/rapist specimen.
  2. I’m a hunter type and I like to drag my prey into my tree…I just feel way more comfortable at home. No interrupting parents (see3), being able to use my toothbrush and change clothes in the morning, surfing the net while the dude sleeps, etc.
  3. There’s always a mother/girlfriend/dog sleeping nearby at a guy’s house. Especially in Taiwan…usually a mother. Ugh! Or a father. Or a roommate coming in while the guy is making breakfast saying that his friend said he could try his luck, too.

etc. etc.
Damn, this list could go on forever.
I guess my home is my preshuuuush!

Namahottie, a lady never tells…details like names, that is. Anything else…whooooheeee!

P.S. This thread sounds like that movie “How to lose a guy in 10 days.”.

[quote=“twonavels”]Why we hates crashing in a dude’s nest…
2) I’m a hunter type and I like to drag my prey into my tree…I just feel way more comfortable at home. No interrupting parents (see3), being able to use my toothbrush and change clothes in the morning, surfing the net while the dude sleeps, etc.
3) There’s always a mother/girlfriend/dog sleeping nearby at a guy’s house. Especially in Taiwan…usually a mother. Ugh! Or a father. Or a roommate coming in while the guy is making breakfast saying that his friend said he could try his luck, too.
[/quote]

The reason I like to take a girl (in Taiwan) to my place rather than hers. But if a friend of hers (a female, that is) came in to try her luck too…weeelll, let’s just say I might be a little more accommodating… :slight_smile:

Ha!

Actually, socks isn’t the issue here, but something else (can’t remember what though. only remember the arguement).

My arguement was, this is dirty, needs to be washed. It should go in the basket with all the other dirty clothes. It’s not like its a shirt that turned black from doing an oil change.

Her arguement, “it will make the other clothes dirty.”

?!?!? What?!?!?! They’re already dirty!

:astonished: