YouTube Taiwan Now States if Video is State Media

This. Is. AWESOME! Now Taiwanese voters will know when they are watching State Propaganda on YouTube

6 Likes

@anon38216271 posted an article on Taiwan’s efforts to curb PRC propaganda earlier today. Perhaps that post should be in this thread…or a new thread on the topic.

2 Likes

I dont know if it was a law passed by parliament or not. I havent heard of anything by lawmakers. I know they(Youtube) were already doing this in the US.

If it is so. I’ll be happy to move my topic into that topic.

Her post wasn’t a great fit for the topic, IIRC, and as she intimated in her post. I was thinking of a thread like “PRC Propaganda in Taiwan” or “Countering PRC Propaganda in Taiwan”.

Anyway, obviously not important, just a thought.

2 Likes

Probably best not to merge, makes it more confusing for readers.

Is this happening in other countries as well? The current government has talked about this numerous times. Be good to get the word out here to locals before president Korea takes over.

I know the US mandated this.

Nice. I surprised china allowed google to do so.

https://www.npr.org/2019/12/04/784883378/how-taiwan-is-bracing-itself-against-a-new-wave-of-disinformation-ahead-of-elect

1 Like

Not all propaganda is state propaganda.

Very true, but pro-China propaganda is PRC Propaganda.

My kids were telling me about some kids at school who were chanting China is #1 chant in school this week. PRC propaganda, not state propaganda :smiley:

True. Some people are just straight up f*cking idiots.

If one is going to push for the end of the world, at least get paid for it. Youngins aint got no brains no more :frowning:

Well, those PRC kids have a right to freedom of speech I guess. I hope they understand that their freedom to praise another government is a freedom that the PRC does not give. The irony of protesting for China reunification!