Youtuber Explorer Nick

I admire your optimism, but I wouldn’t hold my breath on that one.

It can be done. It needs to be done actually as Taiwan is the most backward country I’ve ever lived in. And I’ve lived in a lot. Despite it all I’m a fan of Taiwan. But they need to be introduced to the developed world.

Having a group of people walking around who believe people drown because of ghosts is just not doing them any favors in being taken seriously.

Maybe you’re just the white knight Taiwan needs. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

And you’re just the man to do it ain’t you bud?

3 Likes

Dammit to hell Milker, stop stealing my thunder!

2 Likes

Chill, dude. If we get enough white knights together, we can have a jousting tournament.

1 Like

That’s the blue knight you eejit.

I’m talking skin color, not heraldry. Get with the program!

What about my friend þe Grene Knyȝt…can he come too?

[in-joke for all the Eng Lit majors]

1 Like

Isn’t that a line from Gawayne’s World?

1 Like

Former President Obama was elected for the highest office in the United States of America, not America. I truly hope you don’t teach kids. No wonder so many young dudes hate foreigners. What with your passion for introductions to the free world and all.

And I quote “I’d sooner role over dead then grovel to the media and the “netizens”.”

So you’ll play a role as the dead and then grovel for the cameras. Great imagery, bud.

My spidey sense tells me you accosted a bus driver not so many years ago, no?

Using America as shorthand for the United States of America is pretty standard in “American English,” as it’s known. I think this (along with some pretty creative spelling choices) is the least of @kburn’s worries.

1 Like

Those were the days!

As much as you’re a legit bear yeah. Some of you expats here act like you know it all because you been here a while. Some would call that stagnation but I’m sure you’d say it’s experience

You’re a special kind of special

Yeah or count the number of white executives in Taiwanese companies. There is very very much a glass ceiling for foreigners in Taiwan and definitely some prejudice against old whitey big nose. Lets wait for Dudebro to go around the block a bit and come back to us

1 Like

Ooh, feel the burn. I’ve been here most of my life. Do you feel having lived in “a lot” of countries makes you a better person somehow?

2 Likes

You call that a life??

I go home at night and shut the door. I tell myself I was a good man and did good things. Amused and confused by life’s little ironies I swallow from my bottle of distilled damnation.

the gospel according to th’ bear (with apologies to Matt Johnson)

Neat trick with that echo coming out your colon like that, Tumbleweed.