Zain Dean conviction--fatal hit & run case PART II

:astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: I can’t tell if you’re serious or not. At best, that is the dumbest thing I have ever read. “My car has a big dent in it… I’m sure I didn’t hit anything…” :roflmao: :roflmao:[/quote]
Oh, come on. Of course it’s an oversimplification of the event. i don’t have the time to dedicate all my effort to it.

But the line of thinking “My car has a big dent in it… I’m sure I didn’t hit anything…” isn’t what I surmised he might have thought; that’s your interpretation. He might have concluded (I don’t know; I’m not him) that the valet caused the dent, or that someone crashed into the car while it was parked. I don’t know; I’m just guessing. I know if I was drunk the night before and I saw a dent in my car, I’d be thinking “Who the fuck did this?” since I’m not one to drink and drive.

And what do people do when they see damage to their car? They take it to the repair shop. And the mechanic may have said, “This will cost you XXXXXX dollars to fix.” And Dean may have thought, “That’s too much. I’m leaving in a couple weeks” and asked the mechanic what he could do. “Well, you can sell it for scrap.”

Plausible? Yes.

EDIT: In ZD’s [url=A Personal Statement from Zain Dean statement[/url], he said:

"I was unaware … that the car had received any damage. The next day my wife called me from work to wake me and asked me what had happened the night before, specifically to the car. I replied, nothing that I knew off… I was very surprised to see that the damage to the front right side of the car, a broken bumper, a crushed light fitting, body panel damage, radiator damage and some chassis damage.

After discussing this with my wife, I came to the conclusion that the driver must have hit a lamp post or suchlike…"