Zarqawi and OBL Admit defeat

It appears that Al Queida, Obie Bin Laden and Zarqawi are on the ropes and reeling heavily.
Its over for them in Iraq and Afghanistan. With this call to start attacks on Westerners in
other countries they will further alienate those countries and moderate Muslims who desperately
want o move from the 7th century into the 21st.
In effect, Bin Laden and Zarqawi are admitting that while they cannot win in Iraq and Afghanistan,
they can still rally support against the main enemy - Isarel, the USA, Britain and other Coalition Nations.
They are, in effect, “re-focusing” their efforts to where they believe they can garner continued support.
Muslims are increasingly disillusioned by terrorism directed against fellow Muslims, but, can they be
expected to “forgive and forget” if AQ and Company re-dedicate themselves to the cause of an Israeli-free Middle East?

From a poster on another website:

[quote]What is needed is a more concerted effort to get the message out.
For a start, we need a clearer case of why we are in Iraq now.
We need more effort in explaining the gains in Iraq and i don’t mean a
body count of terrorists killed but in what gains there are in normalising the country.
More emphasis should be on the hearts and minds operation in place, Schools built,
Hospitals set up and supplied.
What effort is being done to generate the Iraqi Business class, we should be talking
about that.
I feel a major problem, is that in starting to talk about Iran we are forgetting to
get the message out about Iraq.[/quote]…well said.

Some links:
Never again
will the Walter Cronkites of another day or another war have a monopoly on communication
of the ground situation that could lead to disastrous manipulation.

…and might I add Dan Rathers name to that…

[quote]Al Qaeda Admits Defeat

April 27, 2006: Some interesting trends in the war on terrorism. Trends are often difficult
to make out in this murky conflict, but the recent release of an audio message from Osama
bin Laden on April 23rd, and a few days later, a rare video from Abu Musab al Zarqawi delivered
the same message. Both sent out signals that failed to connect. Bin Laden urged his followers
to go to Sudan and Israel and support the fight against Jews and Christian “crusaders.”
In Sudan, bin Laden was offering his services to kill Western peacekeepers that have not yet
shown up in western Sudan (Darfur), where northern (largely Arab) Sudanese Moslems are killing
southern (largely black African) Sudanese Moslems. Islamic radicals in Palestine (Hamas) and
Sudan (the government) promptly and publicly rejected bin Laden’s offer. This is a visible,
to Western eyes, example of how Bin Laden’s vision, of using Islamic terror to accomplish anything,
has been discredited in the Islamic world. This shift in opinion was played out in Moslem media
over the last three years, as Islamic terrorism was applied to Islamic populations in Iraq and
Saudi Arabia. The end result was that Islamic terrorism was no longer fashionable. Bin Laden is
still something of a folk hero, but in the same iconic way that Che Guevara on a t-shirt or
poster is. Ignored, but not forgotten.(More on the defeat at the link)
strategypage.com/qnd/urbang/ … 60427.aspx[/quote]

See the Zarqawi video -

[quote]What Extremists are Saying
Zarqawi Video: Arab media and on-line reaction notes that this is the first time Zarqawi has
shown himself. Some commentary views this as a sign of weakness in the face of political progress
being made in Iraq. Other commentary reiterates criticism of Zarqawi’s tactics, which target
innocent Muslims and undermine the legitimacy of the Iraqi insurgency. Al-Arabiya featured an
Egyptian analyst who said that both Zarqawi and bin Laden “are trying to assert the existence and
strength of the organization.” The program also featured the Iraqi national security advisor
asserting that Zarqawi’s people are killing Iraqi civilians. Al-Jazeera prominently featured State
Department official Alberto Fernandez, who predicted the terrorist’s message would be rejected not
only in the West but in the East, adding that the tape demonstrates Zarqawi’s desperation.
Online commentary discusses Zarqawi’s character. Bloggers refer to him as a “bloody psychopath,”
“criminal,” and “terrorist;” a minority support him as a leader of the “resistance” in Iraq.
Interestingly, many said the video refutes the popular theory that Zarqawi is an imaginary bogeyman
created by the Americans to justify US actions.

Just don’t look too hard.

Crooks and liars, rejoice:

"To an objective observer, it would seem that this last week was a very bad one for Bush followers.

Iraq is on the verge of total sectarian war and collapse. Multiple conservatives have declared that Bush lost the war. A slew of new polls show that Bush’s presidency is dying, with all but the most blindly loyal followers having abandoned him and decided that he’s untrustworthy. Even a huge majority of the U.S. military now believe that it’s time to leave Iraq. And the Senate Intelligence Committee looks prepared – with the support of at least two Republican Senators – to hold investigative hearings into the Administration’s warrantless, lawless eavesdropping on Americans.

But the notion that this was a very bad week for Bush is only true for those who live in the world of facts. Bush followers are lucky. They have an outstanding capacity to create their own fantasy world where any facts which reflect negatively on the Leader are simply discarded and ignored. Just this last week alone provided numerous, glaring examples of how this disturbing fact-denial process works . . . "

I just love propoganda wars :laughing:

[quote=“spook”]"Just this last week alone provided numerous, glaring examples of how this disturbing fact-denial process works . . . "[/quote]As does this morning at 10:05 a.m.

I hope everything works out in Iraq.

I wonder if the MSM will report that?

Forgive me Father for I am about to sin – again:

"Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld paid a surprise visit to Baghdad on Wednesday to express support for Iraq’s new leaders, but drew criticism from Iraqi politicians who said they feared the unannounced visit might do more harm than good.

“We didn’t invite them,” said Kamal Saadi, a Shiite legislator close to the new prime minister-designate, Nouri Maliki. . . .

“It would be more appropriate if they would leave us alone,” said Mahmoud Othman, a senior Kurdish legislator. “Let us solve our problems by ourselves.”

“Enough is enough,” said Sheik Mahmoud Sudani, a politician affiliated with radical Shiite cleric Muqtada Sadr. “Rice’s trip to Iraq at this critical time is just another desperate move by the Americans to try to impose themselves on our new government. But they have lost their influence.” . . .

Meanwhile, another sibling of Sunni Vice President Tariq Hashimi was slain in the country’s continuing violence. Gunmen killed Maysoon Hashimi and a bodyguard this morning in Baghdad. Mahmoud Hashimi was shot to death April 13."

spook -
This is a thread discussing the OBL & Zarqawi videos.
Perhaps your post might be better located in a thread of its own.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]spook -
Perhaps your post might be better located in a thread of its own.[/quote]
He may have been confused by the title of the thread.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]spook -
Perhaps your post might be better located in a thread of its own.[/quote]

TC, my good man, is there a possibility you’ve gotten ‘staying on topic’ mixed up with ‘staying on message’? There’s a difference, you know.

Zarqawi and OBL admit defeat???

That’s not how I read it.

[quote]TERROR mastermind Abu Musab al-Zarqawi revealed his face for the first time in a dramatic video in which he dismissed Iraq’s new government as an American “stooge” . . . he also warned of more attacks to come . . .

He seemed healthy, shown in one scene standing and firing a heavy machinegun . . . He trumpeted the run of success of the insurgency, saying that “when the enemy entered into Iraq, their aim was to control Iraq and the area. But here we have been fighting them for the last three years.”

He also addressed U.S. President George W. Bush, telling him, “Your dreams will be defeated by our blood and by our bodies. What is coming is even worse.” [/quote]
theadvertiser.news.com.au/co … 12,00.html

[quote]Apr 27: The former head of the CIA unit hunting Osama bin Laden unit said that US policy in the Middle East has given a boost to al-Qaeda and its leader.

“Today, bin Laden, al-Qaeda and their allies have only one indispensable ally: The US foreign policy towards the Islamic world,” said Michael Scheuer, who led the bin Laden unit from 1996-1999.

Time is not on America’s side. We’re clearly losing,” Scheuer told a government security conference in Washington yesterday.

“We’re at a point where al-Qaeda and bin Laden are changing into al-Qaedism and bin Ladenism - a philosophy and a movement rather than a man and an organization,” the former CIA analyst said.

“More than any other factor, the US invasion of Iraq and the prolonged occupation of this country has produced this transformation.” [/quote]
zeenews.com/znnew/articles.a … 84&sid=WOR

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]

(See Zarqawi admitting defeat)
centcom.mil/sites/uscentcom1 … iew=Shared[/quote]
Did you link the wrong article? Because I don’t see Zarqawi admitting defeat in there, rather he is claiming that America will be defeated in Iraq. :unamused:

[quote=“Rascal”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]

Did you link the wrong article? Because I don’t see Zarqawi admitting defeat in there, rather he is claiming that America will be defeated in Iraq. :unamused:[/quote]
Perhaps a bit too nuanced for you.

Learn the term “Hail Mary” as related to sports.

No TC, you need to learn the term “Punch Drunk” as related to sports.

[quote=“Rascal”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]

Did you link the wrong article? Because I don’t see Zarqawi admitting defeat in there, rather he is claiming that America will be defeated in Iraq. :unamused:[/quote]
It’s all over Rascal. Mission accomplished. The MSM just won’t tell you.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Perhaps a bit too nuanced for you.

Learn the term “Hail Mary” as related to sports.[/quote]
This ain’t the sports forum. But I take it from your response that this is the correct article - so why don’t you explain the nuances to me and how you conclude from there that Zarqawi admits defeat? Looking forward to a polite and sensible reply.

[quote=“Chaon”]No TC, you need to learn the term “Punch Drunk” as related to sports.[/quote]Chaon -
Thanks for exhibiting your impressions of the OP.
Glad to have such a succinct and intelligent comment such as yours.
Others can obviously learn from your insight.

Glad we’re all clear then.

[quote=“Rascal”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]Perhaps a bit too nuanced for you.
Learn the term “Hail Mary” as related to sports.[/quote]
This ain’t the sports forum. But I take it from your response that this is the correct article - so why don’t you explain the nuances to me and how you conclude from there that Zarqawi admits defeat? Looking forward to a polite and sensible reply.[/quote]rascal -
Although I am loathe to reply to your passive-agressive dribblings, here is a simple & quick quiz for you.
Try it…and on your Teutonic honor…no Googling the answers…Good Luck!

[quote]Multiple Choice Quiz

1. What is the Docex Project?

A. A new health education class taught to teens on how to use condoms in high school?

B. Millions of documents sat deep within a warehouse that may shed some light on links between Saddam and Al Qaeda headquartered in Doha, Qatar. Recently they have been released by John Negroponte for bloggers to translate?

C. A sequel to The Blair Witch Project coming out this fall?

1. What is Operation Able Danger?

A. Its an episode of your child’s favorite TV cartoon “Bob the Builder”?

B. Its the name of the secret operation our government worked on to blow up levees that Louis Farrakhan has talked of in New Orleans?

C. Information Operations Campaign Plan against transnational terrorism, “specifically al-Qaida.” According to statements by Lt. Col. Anthony Shaffer and confirmed by four others, Able Danger had identified the September 11, 2001 attack leader Mohamed Atta, and three of the 9/11 plot’s 19 hijackers, as possible members of an al Qaeda cell linked to the '93 World Trade Center Attacks.

1. What is Salman Pak?

A. A training camp on the Tigris River some 15 miles southeast of Iraq’s capital. Training is majorly on terrorism. They would be trained on assassinations, kidnapping, hijacking of airplanes, hijacking of buses, public buses, hijacking of trains and all other kinds of operations related to terrorism?

B. A soccer player from Europe?

C. A treaty signed by France to never allow any foreign cheese to enter their homeland?

1. What is Resolution 1441?

A. The numbers printed on the back of a beer label viewing through a bottle of Rolling Rock beer?

B. A study to find out what year Christopher Columbus was actually born?

C. Is a resolution by the UN Security Council, passed unanimously on November 8, 2002, offering Iraq “a final opportunity to comply with its disarmament obligations” that had been set out in several previous resolutions (Resolution 660, Resolution 661, Resolution 678, Resolution 686, Resolution 687, Resolution 688, Resolution 707, Resolution 715, Resolution 986, and Resolution 1284?

1. What was Operation Desert Fox?

A. A con artist that swindles women out of their money in Las Vegas.

B. the military codename for a major three-day bombing campaign on Iraqi targets from December 16-December 18, 1998 by the United States and United Kingdom. These strikes were ordered by the President Bill Clinton and were undertaken in response to Iraq’s continued failure to comply with United Nations Security Council resolutions as well as their interference with United Nations Special Commission inspectors?

C. A sting operation by the FBI to stop smugglers from bringing illegal immigrants across the United States border?[/quote]

Remember…no cheating…

Bush admits to being a dumbass! Resigns
That’s what I infer from his trip to see hurricane damage. He finially sees how fucked up he is and decides to retire to Crawford to work on his cocaine habit. And his presidential library. The only one with pop-up books.
He’s a turd.