Zhong zhi and da ma

Effing-hell, the whole city of Hsinchu smells like a giant, lit doobie what with all the zhong zhi’s being cooked.

What is up with that?

FB

It’s zongzi, not zhong zhi, and dama, not da ma.

shiah ba tzung…

Hey Juba,

na you zhen yang.

FB

quote:
Originally posted by Fuzzball: Effing-hell, the whole city of Hsinchu smells like a giant, lit doobie what with all the zhong zhi's being cooked. FB

I’d rather it smelled like a giant doobie than burning garbage. Consider this a reprieve.

Or a mass grave filled with dead pigs. I hear tell that’s pretty stinky too. Yeah, it could be worse. It took me a few days to realize the smell came from the cooking zhong whatevers and not my new neighbors doing the cheech and chong routine.

FB

quote:
Originally posted by Fuzzball: Hey Juba,na you zhen yang.
Where does it really itch? What are you asking? I don't understand. [img]images/smiles/icon_confused.gif[/img]

There’s the real goat!

Maoman, you can’t tell me you’ve lived here all this time and never heard the typical 台灣國語Taiwanese pronunciation of 那又怎麼樣?

Sure I’ve heard it. And it ain’t Zhen Yang. Anyway, most Taiwanese treat the “Zh” consonant in a pretty cavalier manner, if they can pronounce it at all…

True, it’s more like “nao zeiung”, but I have to fight an urge to automatically fill in a zh when it’s really a z, and an sh when it’s really an s. Comes from speaking too much Taiwanese Mandarin, I suppose.