Zhongli, Taoyuan County

Recently arrived in Zhongli, and trying to establish myself here. I need employment, things to do, and info on the local area.

Is the weather here always this crap?! If yes, then I’m off! If no, when will it warm up?
Are there any jobs that aren’t all the way in Taoyuan City? I’d very much like to stay local a work in the Zhongli area.
Is there anyone out there who would be interested in getting together for a game of football/soccer/badminton?

Any feedback and info would be much appreciated.
Cheers

hey

i’ve lived in taoyuan and chung li for about seven years, so have a few ideas. we (a group of local teachers) play soccer on some weekends in nei li (there’s a university there), it’s not far away.

the weather should be done with us fairly soon, as this has been bloody cold and wet. by the end of the month, it should be warmer, more akin to last monday, when i got a sunburn.

if you want more info about life in chung li or jobs, feel free to PM me.

good luck

[quote=“xtrain_01”]hey

I’ve lived in Taoyuan and chung li for about seven years, so have a few ideas.[/quote]
:notworthy:

Hey Jungle Jim, welcome. I’ve been in Nankan for around eight months.
We had a happy hour gathering about a month ago out here, so I’ll let you know when we have another one, as it will probably be in Chung Li this time also.
Yeah the weather is shite at the moment, but I’m not quite at Russian Roulette stage yet, the sun is coming. :slight_smile:
Best of luck for setting up etc.

Hi, welcome to Taoyuan!

I’ve been here for over a year now and this is probably the worst weather we’ve had. I’ve just come back from England and it feels colder here!

There should be plenty of jobs in Zhongli (i’m assuming you mean teaching). I got an email about one the other day that seemed pretty good, I’ll try and hunt it out for you.

Xtrain - I’d be interested in playing football, but i’m crap with place names - how far away from Taoyuan is Nei li?

Hi guys, do you have a more regular, non sports meeting place/time in Taoyuan? I’d just like to sit around and suck down a few beers.

for anyone interested …

there will be hockey this sunday (weather permitting) in taoyuan, near the taoyuan junior highschool off of san min road. we have quite a few sticks, which is really all you need to play, although i like shin guards. hopefully our old goalie will make it out too. we haven’t played this winter, but last winter we went out about 10 weekends and had fun. just running ball hockey, no rollerblades or such. we play in a tennis ourt.

we are aiming for a 2 pm start. i can help people find the place. they can meet me on the way (i’m not far from nankan), or i can meet u somewhere if you’re interested.

reply here or send a pm if you’d like to come out. don’t worry too much about skill level, some people are pretty good, but there are also beginners. all u need is a desire to run around.

there will be soccer on other weekends, mugatu. nei li is between taoyuan and chung li. 15 minute drive on a scooter. i’ll let you know more …

Mugatu, myself and a few others hook up reasonably often in Rodeos/Republic in Nankan. We can let you know next time. Fri/Sat is reasonable live music.
Here is a map to the place http://forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?p=287794#287794

As you can see, we had the Taoyuan Forumosa HH there also.

Mugatu, myself and a few others hook up reasonably often in Rodeos/Republic in Nankan. We can let you know next time. Fri/Sat is reasonable live music.
Here is a map to the place http://forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?p=287794#287794

As you can see, we had the Taoyuan Forumosa HH there also.[/quote]

Cool, I know the area. Let me know and I’ll be there. :slight_smile:

Cheers xtrain, I’m definitely up for football. When you know the next date, let me know and I’ll come along. I travel South every other weekend so hopefully I’ll be available.

So Mugatu, you said something about a job? If you have any luck digging up the details, then please share

Thanks everybody for your feedback. It was much appreciated.