Zoca Pizzeria

I don’t disagree; their food is good. Just thought the saussage and a couple of other toppings ( I seem to recall anchovie paste rather than actual anchovies) could use a bit of consideration. And the time I was there, it was operating room bright. A bit of ambiance goes a long way. :wink:

I live about fifty paces away from this place, and always get the same Napoli pizza. They use real anchovies.

There’s a Sicilian pizza place up north that’s very similar to it.

Images looks tastefully…

Consistently the best pizza in the city. Eat here a couple of times a month. Usually grab the Pugliese and some vino, finish with espresso and sambuca. Always sated, always leave with a smile.

Nice to be welcomed as a regular. Federico, the owner, works hard and the restaurant has done well. No complaints regarding decor or lighting. It is what it is.

Usually manage to get a seat, but weekends can get full quickly.

Just saw this post.

Zoca is definitely the best pizzeria in Taipei (if not in Taiwan). The dough used for the pizza is extremely close to the one used for fresh bread, and as a French personne, I’m very sensitive to that. Basically, sometimes I just order a Calzone because you get the thick dough cooked perfectly, crusty outside and soft and delicious inside!

The only problem is that Zoca’s pizze are so great that usually I don’t have enough space at the end for a dessert… yet I usually end it up with an hazelnut ice cream which is awesome as well.

In early February 2014, they shut down for a few weeks in order to install a new oven. I haven’t been there yet since they reopened but a friend of mine did and told me it was as great as before.

And finally, Federico, the chef, is a super nice and funny guy!

So it’s definitely one of my favorite restaurants in Taipei.

Hmm new oven will have to go, been a while

I revived this topic for @Mithrandir. Great place. Owner’s from Italy. Not far from Xinyi Anhe. Tell him Marco sent you. He’ll know. He’ll take care of ya.

@_Lilith recommended me. December is when he brings his out his panettone.

3 Likes

Thanks @Marco . I have few places near me that have pretty good Napolitano and Roma pizza, but no place that has good NY (or, to dream, New Haven) pizza, which is also known just as pizza. Still, if I’m in the area I’ll give it a go!

2 Likes

You could also try Little New York Pizza, it’s very good

I always wanted to get to New Haven for pizza, never did it.